Apparent Bugs v.0.9.9

Mardon

Great news that v.0.9.9 (718) seems to have fixed the memory leak when importing over 10K files!

On the not so good side, there's an apparent bug in the operation of the Properties Panel. The Panel shows "No Files Selected" when I have multiple CR2 files selected. See example here:

http://www.justus.ca...iesPanelBug.jpg

I waited for a long time but no data ever appeared in the Properties Panel. I repeated this several times with different files and got the same result. I did the multiple file select with SHIFT+click. If I selected multiple files one at a time by adding them with CONTROL+click, then the Properties Panel worked OK.

Also, the release documentation for v0.9.9 says that the Preview window problem has been fixed. That is true for JPEG files but not for CR2 and CRW files. In the above screen grab I referenced, you can see how the vertical image is not rotated but cropped instead. This also occurs with CR2 and CRW files even if only one file is selected. JPEG images seem to display OK.

I love Daminion's functionality and the UI! I can't wait until all the bugs are found and fixed so that I can start promoting it to some friends. IMO it's a really great program for digital image asset management but even version 0.9.9 seems to still have some bugs. Now that the 10K file memory crash problem has been fixed, I've gone back to working with Daminion again. I had to take a break to wait for that. I'll report problems as I come across them. I'm committed to using this software myself and really want to see it succeed.

Mardon

I waited for a long time but no data ever appeared in the Properties Panel. I repeated this several times with different files and got the same result. I did the multiple file select with SHIFT+click. If I selected multiple files one at a time by adding them with CONTROL+click, then the Properties Panel worked OK.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue with my catalogs. Probably the problem with database query timeouts. Does it possible to take a look at your catalog remotely via TeamViewer?

If not, please launch Daminion with -log_enable parameter try to reproduce the issue and send me the folder with logs (you can display it by pressing Ctrl + F12).

Also, the release documentation for v0.9.9 says that the Preview window problem has been fixed. That is true for JPEG files but not for CR2 and CRW files.In the above screen grab I referenced, you can see how the vertical image is not rotated but cropped instead.

This also occurs with CR2 and CRW files even if only one file is selected. JPEG images seem to display OK.

Could you please create a new catalog, import a few CR2 images and check the issue again?

BTW, I don't recommend you to store Daminion local catalogs (.dmc files) on remote locations.

The problem is you can lost connection with a remote computer when writing or updating your catalog file. And this might lead to a database corruption.

I recommend you to store catalogs locally or use the Daminion Server. Importing files can be located locally or remotelly.

BTW, I don't recommend you to store Daminion local catalogs (.dmc files) on remote locations.

The problem is you can lost connection with a remote computer when writing or updating your catalog file. And this might lead to a database corruption.

I recommend you to store catalogs locally or use the Daminion Server. Importing files can be located locally or remotelly.

Thanks for your comment. All my files are stored on my local PC. I have nothing stored remotely. That said, I am going to 'start over' and work only with a server based catalog. The server is running on my local PC; the same one as the Daminion client. I think the server uses a different database engine so maybe that will be better for the large quanity of files I need to deal with. Using only the server version should also help with any trouble-shooting that needs to be done. I have just started an import of 100K+ files to a server-based database. I have the log files enabled. Once I get that database created I'll come back and test if this Properties panel is still a problem.

Thanks for your comment. All my files are stored on my local PC. I have nothing stored remotely. That said, I am going to 'start over' and work only with a server based catalog. The server is running on my local PC; the same one as the Daminion client. I think the server uses a different database engine so maybe that will be better for the large quanity of files I need to deal with. Using only the server version should also help with any trouble-shooting that needs to be done. I have just started an import of 100K+ files to a server-based database. I have the log files enabled. Once I get that database created I'll come back and test if this Properties panel is still a problem.

OK. Thanks.

Shared catalogs are based on PostgreSQL database while local catalogs are SQLite database files. And even without optimizations PostgreSQL is faster up to 2-3 times when working with a large number of files.