Feature I can't Find: UnTagged Photos?

Russell

Hi Russel,

I don't know a view to see which items are not tagged by any tag. But you can see it tag by tag via the "unassigned" status or you can use the advances search and create a query which delivers the "not tagged" items.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the help... I like the idea that it be simpler to find untagged images - but I've thought more about this over the past couple of hours as I've tagged photos - I think I'd like to have an auto-generated category that shows "Number of Tags" for photos. Images that have 12+ tags, are pretty well searchable... Those that have 0-3 tags probably need a few more tags added so they're found when I need them.

Another "Automatic Category" that would be nice to have is something like "Main Color" which groups red images together, Green images together, etc. This is useful for scrapbookers, collage makers, etc.

Russell

Hi Russell,

the question is: how do you count the tag? A color label is one point, one keyword is one point too but 5 keywords are 5 points? A keyword hierarchy of 5 levels ia one point or 5 points?

I know this will be a nice feature to see with one click the untagged items. I see that this is a problem for the existing items. For new items: when I don't have the time to tag the imported files immediately, I give them a keyword = untagged and so I can serch for them until they are tagged and I delete the keyword untagged.

Regards, Uwe

"A keyword hierarchy of 5 levels ia one point or 5 points?"

It's an important question, yeah. I don't know, if we could set that a keyword is a valid keyword or just a groupname, then the answer would be easier.

Like Colors->blue, it's not 2 keywords, because the "Colors" is just a groupname.

But there are other cases where the parent tag is as important as the child. So there we need to count the parents, too.

Of course, I think a "groupname keyword category" would be nice later anyway. It exists in Lightroom, too, you can set that Lightroom export a keyword or not.

Regards,

mammut

Like Colors->blue, it's not 2 keywords, because the "Colors" is just a groupname.

I suggested somewhere - not sure where - that users to able to tag some categories (to use Mammut's terminology) as "Group Names" - and then you CANNOT assign images to that "Group Name." You could assign an image to "Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow", but couldn't assign an image to "Color."

That might help with the count?

Russell