existing catalog

vonkske

It will be very easy if your cataloging software can write image annotations into IPTC or XMP metadata, because Daminion can extract tags from these metadata.

Please let us know what software do you use here on the forum or drop me a message to support at daminion.net

Hi,

If software you used wrote into IPTC/XMP fields, you just have to import your images with Daminion to recover all the job you done.

Now, This can be a problem to recover your job if the software you used was managing his own and separate database.

Try to import with Daminion.

Let us know about the result.

What was your previous software ?

Regards

Hi,

Software used is Idimager Pro 5 and it uses IPTC/XMP metadata.

Import with Daminion should work correctly.

This software uses it's own database.

Yes, this is for an off line consultation.

I will try to import my images (+20000) in Daminion tomorrow, at least I will try with a part of them as a beginning.

Thanks for supporting.

Yes, this is better to start with part of them to see how things goes. (or not)

I imported files from 2 camera's. These shot with the 'powershot' are showing up in the Camera Tags 'camera model' but these from Canon eos 40 d are not.

The existing keywords seem to be added to all of the files ! I'm very pleased with this.

What I am missing is a mediafolder where I can find all the files on the hard disk.

Perhaps this is an issue because I get used to have this mediafolder in Idimager pro5.

Thanks for the answers and advice from this friendly customers forum.

I imported files from 2 camera's. These shot with the 'powershot' are showing up in the Camera Tags 'camera model' but these from Canon eos 40 d are not.

Could you please send me a sample eos 40d image for testing to support at daminion.net.

What I am missing is a mediafolder where I can find all the files on the hard disk.

Perhaps this is an issue because I get used to have this mediafolder in Idimager pro5.

Thanks for the answers and advice from this friendly customers forum.

I am not familiar with IdImager in details so I don't know what media folders do. In Daminion there is a Folders tag that refers to actual folder locations of imported files.

I am not familiar with IdImager in details so I don't know what media folders do. In Daminion there is a Folders tag that refers to actual folder locations of imported files.

I think he's referring to the media browser feature, it's like ACDSee, you can browse the folders and files on the HDDs, you can do file operations, import the files directly from there, etc.

I'm also missing that feature from Daminion. :)

• Upvote 1

Could you please send me a sample eos 40d image for testing to support at daminion.net.

When reopening Daminion now the 'camera model' is showing both: 'powershot' and 'canon eos 40d' . Is it possible that I have first to close the application after importing files and then reopening the app. before the tag is applied?

When reopening Daminion now the 'camera model' is showing both: 'powershot' and 'canon eos 40d' . Is it possible that I have first to close the application after importing files and then reopening the app. before the tag is applied?

No. It should to show all the imported tags immediately right after the import. Could you please create a new empty catalog, expand the Camera Model tag and import the same image again?

No. It should to show all the imported tags immediately right after the import. Could you please create a new empty catalog, expand the Camera Model tag and import the same image again?

I did the same as before: new catalog and then importing 2 folders each from a different camera and yes here the 2 models are showing up immediately.

I have no idea why this went wrong before..

thx