Screen Real Estate

deanable

Is there a way to show / hide this panel (see screen capture below).

When one selects a lot of criteria this panel occupies a lot of real estate on the screen.

post-395-0-68427500-1337332661_thumb.jpg

BTW the same information is displayed in the Advanced Search Window.

Can we have this panel in a pop-out panel (like when you mouse over a "hot area" below the toolbar) or in it's own panel (like the catalog tags panel or properties panel) where it can be docked accoring to user preferences?

Just a thought...

Do all the selected folders are belong to the same parent folder? If yes, why you don't select just the parent folder?

Another option might be to construct an advanced search query with the "Contains" query condition instead of the "Equals" one. For example if all of your folders have the same part you can extract this part and use with "Contains" condition. You can save this query as a Saved Search then.

Do all the selected folders are belong to the same parent folder? If yes, why you don't select just the parent folder?

Yes they do. I don't select the parent folder because it also contains hundreds of other folder that I do not wish to include in the search...

Another option might be to construct an advanced search query with the "Contains" query condition instead of the "Equals" one. For example if all of your folders have the same part you can extract this part and use with "Contains" condition. You can save this query as a Saved Search then.

This is a workable option, taking the long way home. I could save parts of my query as saved searches and select all of them to achieve the desired result. THIS IS NOT PRODUCTIVE (TAKES LONG TIME TO DO) VS just selecting tags...

---

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately they do not address the issue I have raised (screen real estate).

---

Maybe I suggest a simple feature request. On the upcoming settings panel (I remember somewhere during the last couple of months that this was mentioned as a milestone on the development roadmap) can we have an option to show or hide this panel? A simple boolean variable that maps to the control's visible property would solve this issue.

Also the Advanced Search panel has no "Clear All" button. You have to close the panel, load all catalog records, open the panel again to reset the parameters OR you have to delete the parameters individually...