Preload import destination folder path when drag and drop file

kalain

Hi,

(1) In a catalog, a folder is selected and items are displayed
(2) When you drag and drop files into thumbnail display
(3) and import window is opened but with another folder destination path (4) !!!

1128894913_screencopy24-12-2019-16_13_27.thumb.jpg.031862e7ebf7c0c8b2c16469362ab617.jpg

When you drag and drop files, It would be nice to preload import folder destination path (4) with drag and drop folder path.

Regards

2 minutes ago, kalain said:

When you drag and drop files into thumbnail display

According to my understanding, dragging a file to the thumbnail area is meant to import new items (i.e. the same as Add Files ... Ctrl+I) into the catalog, but not to move items already known in the catalog.

6 minutes ago, kalain said:

When you drag and drop files, It would be nice to preload import folder destination path (4) with drag and drop folder path.

Not sure, what your intention was, when you dragged an item. If you want to to move it from one folder to another, the correct way would be Item -> Export -> Copy to folder ... F7 .

8 minutes ago, WilfriedB said:

According to my understanding, dragging a file to the thumbnail area is meant to import new items (i.e. the same as Add Files ... Ctrl+I) into the catalog,

Yes this is why an import window opens

but not to move items already known in the catalog.

You can choose action you want in import window. (Copy, move, ...)

Not sure, what your intention was, when you dragged an item. If you want to to move it from one folder to another, the correct way would be Item -> Export -> Copy to folder ... F7 .

My intention was to Copy a file from windows explorer (USB Card) into a folder already displayed in Daminion.

but Import window suggest another destination folder.

35 minutes ago, kalain said:

My intention was to Copy a file from windows explorer (USB Card)

Ah know I understand, the 2 in your screen shot shows the Windows explorer not the Daminion catalog.   Seems the Import Dialog always shows the last destination folder and does not care, if you selected another folder in the thumbnail view.

I agree, it would be helpful, if the path would be pre-filled with the currently selected folder. However, the thumbnail is usually based on other selections, instead of the content of a single folder.

9 hours ago, WilfriedB said:

I agree, it would be helpful, if the path would be pre-filled with the currently selected folder. However, the thumbnail is usually based on other selections, instead of the content of a single folder.

Yes, I agree that when thunbnail view is the result of a single folder selection, import folder path in import window should be pre-filled with the current selected folder.