Some questions and suggestions

exterminador

Hi!

I've been testing Daminion Server for a while and now I'm using it to manage a Music Video's library, let me tell you this is the first software I've found with a great balance on features/usability/performance/flexibility.

While tagging library items I've collected some questions and suggestions:

- Is it possible to copy tags from one item to another? I've tried the following: tag one item, select it along with other with no tags and re-selecting for instance, the same keywords from the first file, but it doesn't set tags to the empty item.

- Custom fields. I know :), there are plenty fields for all kind of information, but for example, I would like to use a date field to save the date the video was taken (additional to the file creation date). Also, if custom fields are something you may consider for the future, having the possibility to add multivalued custom fields would be just awesome!

- Is it possible to sort using the date the file was added to the catalog? Creation date seems to read creation date from the file.

- While tagging, it would be great to be able to configure how text controls behave, for instance, I'm using the Event field just for single line text, right now it accepts multiline text, so when I hit Enter it enters a break line instead of exiting the control (as on single line textboxes). It is not a big deal but can increase usability on scenarios when you are tagging a lot of files by writing data.

- Text with commas. Is there a way to enter text with commas on multi-valued fields?

- Support for .wtv and .dvr-ms files

- One vote for the thumbnail chooser to see the light soon :)

Thanks!

- Is it possible to copy tags from one item to another? I've tried the following: tag one item, select it along with other with no tags and re-selecting for instance, the same keywords from the first file, but it doesn't set tags to the empty item.

As a workaround I can recommend you to download the 494 build (links listed at the end of this topic)

Then select an image, go to Properties panel and right click on the first keyword. Navigate to Copy All > Separate Values as Comma (,). Then select another item, and paste the clipboard content. And click to the Save button.

We also plan to add 'Copy/Paste Tags' as a separate feature.

- Custom fields. I know :), there are plenty fields for all kind of information, but for example, I would like to use a date field to save the date the video was taken (additional to the file creation date). Also, if custom fields are something you may consider for the future, having the possibility to add multivalued custom fields would be just awesome!

BTW the Datetime tag is related to the Image (not file) Creation Date. Standard tags have a benefit over the custom tags: they are mapped into the appropriate metadata fields. Could you please gimme an example of the multivalued custom tags?

- Is it possible to sort using the date the file was added to the catalog? Creation date seems to read creation

date from the file.

This will be implemented as Imported Sessions feature. There are a few custom tags that helps you to display a set of photos based on imported sessions, but Sorting by Imported Datetime is not available yet.

- While tagging, it would be great to be able to configure how text controls behave, for instance, I'm using the Event field just for single line text, right now it accepts multiline text, so when I hit Enter it enters a break line instead of exiting the control (as on single line textboxes). It is not a big deal but can increase usability on scenarios when you are tagging a lot of files by writing data.

Multi-line option is a built-in feature of textbox controls, it ties with Tag properties and cannot be changed from UI. You can use ArrowDown key instead of the Enter key to exit the current textbox.

- Text with commas. Is there a way to enter text with commas on multi-valued fields?

No. Unfortunately we need a delimiter character to allow entering multiple tag values. And the "comma" is the most obvious character for this, plus some other DAM tools use it to split the multiple values.

- Support for .wtv and .dvr-ms files

Added to the future list.

- One vote for the thumbnail chooser to see the light soon :)

Accepted, thank.