Zoom slider in map or right clic and draw a rectangle for a zooming area

kalain

Hi,

It would be nice to add a zoom slider in map window.

When you want a precise zoom, in order to fully display selected images, buttons "+" or "-" goes a bit fast between each clic.

A zoom slider zoom would solve this.

The ultimate way to do this would be with right clic pressed and then start drag a rectangle area.

Right clic release will end the rectangle area zoom.

Regards

• Upvote 1

It would be nice to add a zoom slider in map window.

When you want a precise zoom, in order to fully display selected images, buttons "+" or "-" goes a bit fast between each clic.

A zoom slider zoom would solve this.

The ultimate way to do this would be with right clic pressed and then start drag a rectangle area.

Right clic release will end the rectangle area zoom.

Not sure whether a slider would solve the problem, but drawing and rectangular area would definitely do it! This would also another difficulty:

When of the best hidden jewels of Daminion secret.gif is the option to "Show files you see on the map now". Not so long ago that I first learned about this function, it is now my favorite tool to search all pictures I made in a certain area at any time before. First of all the title of the link is a bit misleading and should be "Show all thumbnails of the area displayed on the map":

post-1805-0-32918300-1541928348_thumb.png

Secondly - and this my point here - the option is not visible if the window for you map is not wide enough as you can see here:

post-1805-0-47742200-1541928463_thumb.png

If there were the possibility to draw an rectangle to select the images, you could make the rectangle as small as needed, while the window is still big enough to show the link for "Show files you see on the map now".

My dream would be, to be able to draw a polygon ... mosking.gif

• 3 weeks later...
How do you search for all pictures you made in a certain area? That sounds like an amazing feature but I just can't figure out how to do it. I'm missing something super obvious, I guess. haha

Just select the thumbnail of one or more pictures in that area, open the map or simply search the area on the map by dragging and resizing. Make sure the window is wide enough so you see the blue link "Show files you see on the map now" between the search and the source field on top of the panel. If the window is to narrow, the link disappears.

post-1805-0-30512600-1543245881_thumb.png

After clicking the link, all thumbnails of images in that area will display. Note, it might take a while untill all icons are shown on the map - usually the thumbnails show up earlier.

post-1805-0-01048000-1543245199_thumb.png

What you see now, are all images in that area. I.e. can be any date, any folder ... etc

Here an example, where you do not see the link because the map is not wide enough:

post-1805-0-26154500-1543245937_thumb.png