Browsing catalog tree and validate choice by 'enter' key

kalain

Hi,

when browsing catalog tree with keybord : up, down arrow and left, right to fold or unfold node tree, it would be nice to validate selected choice by 'Enter' key.

By this way, you could fully browse catalog tree with keyboard.

In this example, you can browse '2018' and validate this choice with 'enter' key (green dot) 343 items displayed.

You could also display only sunday 01 July with few down arrow and 'enter' key to validate (green dot) 17 items displayed

post-891-0-99321800-1534671451_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

when browsing catalog tree with keybord : up, down arrow and left, right to fold or unfold node tree, it would be nice to validate selected choice by 'Enter' key.

The term "catalog tree" sounds a bit confusing. What you show in your screen is called "tag tree" according to Daminion's terminology.

I agree with you, it would be more convenient - also in some other places - if the user interface were more keyboard agnostic.

However, for the other tags (except for Creation DateTime and Place sorry2.gif ) there is a way around: Instead of navigating the tree, you can use the list view by entering a search term (<filter tag>) in the field on top of the tag view. Just wait a couple of seconds (or minutes, if you have a huge standalone catalog sad.gif ) then you will see a list of all tags matching the filter:

post-1805-0-13050800-1535266479_thumb.jpg.

As you can see in my screen shot, you not only can select (i.e. show all thumbnails with this tag) by pressing the enter key, but also add the tag to an open query (Ctrl+Enter), exclude that tag from the query (Alt+Enter) or add it to all selected items (Shift+Enter).