Solved - copy metadata from MOV to XMP file

Uwe

Hello,

Dominion doesn't read Camera and Model metadata of a MOV video file existing in the Makernotes of the MOV file BUT can read existing XMP Camera and Model metadata of the sidecar file.

The problem I have is: the "Open with..." action works with the variable {filename} - in my case the source file "Video.MOV". I need a second variable representing the destination file "Video.XMP" to copy the makernotes matadata of the MOV file to the XMP metadata of the XMP file. I can do it with the Exiftool but it would be much more comfortable to do it with "Open with..." action of the Daminion client.

Is there an existing option to do it using variables working in the "Rename", "Assign"... actions (%basename.%ext)?

Regards, Uwe

Update: Sorry I see there is the variable {FilenameWithoutExt}. Have to test with this one

Update: 26.07.2018: check the post https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/3723-1783-open-with-exiftool-command-line/

This command line was changed to work with the tags of the MakerNotes