Failed to start Daminion Server

lintujuh

Hi!

I got a new PC and I installed Daminion Server in it, but it won't start. I get the following error message. If I click "More information", it says the specified path doesn't exist.

I have Win10/64 and my user account is connected to corporate AD/domain. I have a local Daminion account that is in the local Admin group and the account has "Logon as a Service" rights. Which settings are missing? In my previous Win7/64 PC I didn't have any issues. There I also had a corporate account and a local Daminion account.

-Juha

post-481-0-35005400-1513433847_thumb.png

When I tried to start Daminion Server from command line I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion Server>Daminion.Server
Error init catalog: NetCatalog
System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.
  at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.TranslateToNTAccounts(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Boolean& someFailed)
  at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed)
  at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
  at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType)
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.CheckRulesEx(FileSystemRights total, WindowsIdentity identity, AuthorizationRuleCollection rules, Boolean allow) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 145
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.GetFileSystemRights(String path) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 181
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.CheckDirectory(String dir, EventLog log, Boolean& catchthis) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 536   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.Initialize(ServiceBase service, EventLog eventlog, String serviceName, String configPath, Boolean consoleMode) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 816

-Juha

Unfortunately it still doesn't work at my home network. In the Event Viewer there are entries for

DaminionManagementService

Service cannot be started. System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.Initialize(ServiceBase service, EventLog eventlog, String serviceName, String configPath, Boolean consoleMode) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 858
  at Service.Management.DaminionManagementService.OnStart(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.Management\DaminionManagementService.cs:line 383
  at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

DaminionService

at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.Initialize(ServiceBase service, EventLog eventlog, String serviceName, String configPath, Boolean consoleMode) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 858
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.OnStart(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 868
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\Program.cs:line 150

When I connect with VPN to the corporate network, then I can start Daminion Server. I can also disconnect the VPN and continue to use Daminion.

-Juha

Hi Juha,

i'm totally new with daminion and sql-databases.

i had the same problem few days ago.

Installing the Server-Edition on an new pc.

win7 with full admin rights.

firewall (windows 7 firewall control)was disabled while installation.

After Installation i tried to run the Server Panel.

In Part i got the same Error-Messages as in your screenshot.

After getting grey hairs since a couple of hours i took a look in the firewall.

While the Installation-Process there were added seven new entries in the firewall:

3 entries from postgres and 4 entries from daminion.

(I cannot specify it in the moment because my serversystem is shout down.)

All seven entries were set on "disabled"

I checked all that seven entries on "enable".

Everthing runs o.K.

I hope this will help you.

Kindly regards and best wishes for christmas.

pete