Photoshop files problem

Mel

Here's a screenshot of what I see in place of some PSD files - masks, masked items or white thumbnail only. There's no rule of how the files are rendered. Size of these samples here vary from 200 to 600 MB. Any ideas how to deal with this issue?

(Daminion Client/Standalone 5.5.1722 + Windows 7/64 Pro)

-- M.

post-859-0-67073100-1509559110_thumb.png

Hi Mariusz,

How do you save your files in PS?

Daria

Hi Daria,

Standard Ctrl+S, all default settings, alpha channels, layers, etc. all that PS needs. Sometimes I'm forced to use psb for hiperlarge files, but the problem persists.

(Photoshop CC 2017)

-- M.

• 4 months later...

Big BUMP for this problem.

Not solved so far. I work with PS CC 2018, each edit is 2 to circa 20 layers with masks, save as ".psd" or ".psb". The resulting thumbnail is a lottery -- see attachment.

(Daminion Standalone the latest, Windows 7 Pro 64bit)

-- M.

post-859-0-94714800-1520943690_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I understand it must be a Very Isolated Problem nonetheless it is frustrating enough to force me to bump this topic again. Now in Daminion I have plenty of useless Photoshop thumbnails (e.g. only a random alpha channel is displayed) that cannot be selected for edit without first opening such file in PS. That's crazy, files are 300-1000MB and more, this is not how it should work.

TIA

-- M.

Thank you, Daria!

I've created a new db, imported some PS files -- all that stuff was zipped and we-transfered to you. Note that PS files size is seriously reduced but the display problem remains (same in full screen preview). I attached only the smallest PS files, my upload is too slow. Todays's screenshot is attached, too.

-- M.

• 3 weeks later...

Daria, have you managed to take a short look at my problem?

-- Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

We were trying to use the latest ImagEN version to open your file with but it was displayed the same blurred as with the ImagEN's version integrated in Daminion. I've forwarded your file and request to the developer team for processing but haven't heard back from them yet.

Kind regards,

Daria