Tip: multiple catalogs?

Carlos Pereyra

Hi, I am currently a user of the Free version, but I will buy the version Standalone Pro the next week.

Currently I have about 980,000 photographs in jpg format, divided into 13 folders (each parent folder is a year of production) and each year some 150,000 photographs are added.

My question is: make a catalog for each year of production or a single catalog for all photographs? Is possible search into multiple catalogs?.

The idea is to do quick searches on the many photographs that I have.

Greetings and thanks!!!

My question is: make a catalog for each year of production or a single catalog for all photographs? Is possible search into multiple catalogs?.

The idea is to do quick searches on the many photographs that I have.

Hello Carlos,

I suggest to create one catalog. Since all of your files are photos, you will use equal/similar metadata tags (keywords, places etc). The tags are assignd to its catalogs and you have to maintain many catalogs using the same/equal metadata.

AND the search works catalog specific and not in multiple catalogs, e.g. to find all photos with the person X you have to call the search in each catalog.

Regards, Uwe