No thumbnail for some .psd files

ClarkCrest

I've started to have this problem off and on again. I have a .psd file (CS6) that upon importing, there is no thumbnail image (just white). If I proceed and then click to open/view the imported .psd there is no data either. It says there is but all I get from a thumbnail or the opened file is a white page.

I've uploaded a few other .psd (CS6) files and everything works great. The last time I had this issue (a month or so ago) I believe it was also a .psd file.

Only change in the last month has been the new anniversary windows 10 update. That said though, I've been successful with importing other .psd files.

Frustrating and not sure why.

I've attached the .psd file for ref.

On the off chance the file didn't upload... here is a link for you to view/download.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/IcYQYeWYskHnVVTGMROJJEtTriQh9Q2AGIRdR7QoOfB?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Branden

Hi Branden,

Thanks for sharing the files with us. I've discussed about this issue with our graphic library developer and he said that the merged stored preview image in this PSD is a white rectangle. Daminion just renders it using this graphic library.

We can also try to load all layers but it might be very slow.

However if you'll save your image via the "File > Save As" command by your Photoshop and check the "Maximize Compatibility" option, your image will be displayed correctly. Tested with PS CS5 and CS2014 versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Got it, thanks Murat.

I did change my settings to "maximize compatibility" and I was then able to import the .psd to Daminion and have the proper (other than white) thumbnail. Maximizing compatibility creates a much larger file size so I only temporarily changed the setting in Photoshop... but it solved the problem for this particular file. By the way, for CS6 the option to "maximize compatibility" is found in "edit > preferences > file handling."

The thing that still perplexes me is why all my other .psd files generated with same CS6 version haven't had this problem? Why would Photoshop suddenly and randomly make a white merged layer as a thumbnail when there wasn't a single white or blank layer in the file. Weird.

Thanks!