Catalog folder taking up 25gb

mark

Hi, I recently upgraded to Daminion Standalone Standard version from the free version and have begun importing my RAW photo library. My Daminion catalog folder is taking up 25gb already. I have not finished importing all my images, only about 40000. I am quite surprised it's that huge already. Is this normal?

If it matters, I am using an i7-6700 CPU with a 2tb SSHD on Windows 10. Most images are Nikon NEF files.

Hi, I recently upgraded to Daminion Standalone Standard version from the free version and have begun importing my RAW photo library. My Daminion catalog folder is taking up 25gb already. I have not finished importing all my images, only about 40000. I am quite surprised it's that huge already. Is this normal?

If it matters, I am using an i7-6700 CPU with a 2tb SSHD on Windows 10. Most images are Nikon NEF files.

hi Mark,

There is Thumbs folder placed in Daminion catalog folder. Open it and find Preview folder - that's where Daminion stores generated jpeg previews of RAW files if the option "Accelerate preview of large images" is checked. You can uncheck it (File menu>Edit>Preferences>Accelerate preview) and delete the Preview folder but it will result in a slower full screen rendering of RAW files.

Daria