Seconds removed from ExifIFD Date Fields

odog502

Hi, I am a long time user of ExifTool but am trying Daminion for the first time. I attempted to apply a Keyword and a Description via the Daminion interface. The Keyword and Description applied fine but I noticed that the Date/Time Original and Create Date fields had the seconds stripped off after I saved and synced the changes in Daminion.

The image is a scanned image, and I had previously used ExifTool to apply the date of the original photograph to the file.

Using ExifTool I exported the metadata of the photo to get the before and after snapshot of the changes that were applied to the file when I saved in Daminion.

Before:

[ExifIFD] Date/Time Original : 1925:06:15 12:00:00

[ExifIFD] Create Date : 1925:06:15 12:00:00

After:

[ExifIFD] Date/Time Original : 1925:06:15 12:00:

[ExifIFD] Create Date : 1925:06:15 12:00:

Is this a bug? expected behavior? or am I not doing something correctly?

Hello odog502,

it's a bug of the import function of Daminion. It happens with items when the seconds value is "00". As a workaround you can enter any value different from "00" in Daminion, then save it and then enter "00" and save it. But this can't be the solution.

I hope that this bug will be fixed as soon as possible and forever because it's a problem since more than one year.

https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2645-1212-1456-datetime-original-seconds-00-deleted/page__p__10605__hl__seconds__fromsearch__1#entry10605

The problem is that programs like GeoSetter don't work with such files.

Regards, Uwe

Hello odog502,

it's a bug of the import function of Daminion. It happens with items when the seconds value is "00". As a workaround you can enter any value different from "00" in Daminion, then save it and then enter "00" and save it. But this can't be the solution.

I hope that this bug will be fixed as soon as possible and forever because it's a problem since more than one year.

https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2645-1212-1456-datetime-original-seconds-00-deleted/page__p__10605__hl__seconds__fromsearch__1#entry10605

The problem is that programs like GeoSetter don't work with such files.

Regards, Uwe

Unfortunately this is a bit of a deal breaker for me. I understand and appreciate the workaround identified but I already put great effort into getting the timestamp fields consistent across my 15,000 photos that span over a century. Ideally the transition to Daminion should make things easier, not create another level of manual action I must watch out for. Many of my paper photos that were taken before the digital camera age(for me pre-2002) don't have original precise times to work with naturally. I generally just know the dates they were taken. So I applied arbitrary times like "12:00:00" or "12:05:00" to keep these in order chronologically. As a result, this bug affects a large number of my photos.

Thanks for the link to the other thread. Ill keep watch for any updates there. I would still like to use Daminion but Ill wait until this is fixed to proceed.