Some findings with Daminion 0.8.9.477

exterminador

Hi,

First of all, Happy New Year! :)

I've been testing the latest Daminion version (0.8.9.477) and wanted to share some findings:

- I was previously using version 0.8.8.471, after upgrading to latest version and adding an already cataloged folder, I got every catalog item duplicated.

- After adding and playing with some pictures on the catalog, I tried to remove all pictures from the catalog (selected all items and clicked Del), items were removed but the Folder item in the catalog tags tree showed 2 items (selecting the node didn't show any item)

With this, I felt the catalog was ready to be recreated but couldn't though of the best way to recreate it (is there a best way to do it?), so I uninstalled Daminion Server and Postgre with some other findings:

-If I set a user account for Daminion service, install shows an error saying the user doesn't have rights to the Daminion's data folder. I have to manually add my user full rights to the just created folder (this doesn't happen if the folder with explicit rights to the folder already exists)

-On this same setting (user account for service), install seems to not work if using other format for the username, for instance: ".\User" and "server\User" doesn't work, while "User" works.

-For some reason server's install wasn't creating Daminion's catalog database, I couldn't find any log item talking about an error and tried uninstalling/installing several times, after some tries what worked was to run Daminion's server install three times (without uninstalling), on the first one only a "postgre" database existed, after the second one, an empty (no tables) _daminion database was created, and with the third one the NetCatalog database was successfully created. Not sure why this happens but it has happened to me before (I think everytime I install :P), has anyone experienced something similar?

- After playing a little bit with picture tagging I noticed it adds "Daminion ® https://daminion.net;" to the author file field, is there a way to disable this?

I will test some more and share new findings.

P.S. I wasn't able to upload screenshots as I'm already using my quota, can I get a bigger quota?

BTW, adding files to the catalog from network shares is working perfect now! I was able to add all my videos with just one file not working (removed the file and cataloging worked flawless), adding pictures also worked great, I got a few "ERROR: 23505 duplicate key violates unique constraint -keywords_file_pkey-" (translation may not be exact) but I haven't investigated why was the reason, I think it is strange as catalog didn't had any other pictures before adding this set.

- I was previously using version 0.8.8.471, after upgrading to latest version and adding an already cataloged folder, I got every catalog item duplicated.

With this, I felt the catalog was ready to be recreated but couldn't though of the best way to recreate it (is there a best way to do it?), so I uninstalled Daminion Server and Postgre with some other findings:

:

- I assume that you use Daminion Server version?

- Do files were imported from shared locations?

Please expand the Folders node in the Catalog Tags tree and check if the duplicate files has the same location but with different root folder letter case? For example:

\\PhotoServer\... and \\photoserver.

- After adding and playing with some pictures on the catalog, I tried to remove all pictures from the catalog (selected all items and clicked Del), items were removed but the Folder item in the catalog tags tree showed 2 items (selecting the node didn't show any item)

Does the problem is exist after rebooting the Server (or reopening the local catalog)?

-If I set a user account for Daminion service, install shows an error saying the user doesn't have rights to the Daminion's data folder. I have to manually add my user full rights to the just created folder (this doesn't happen if the folder with explicit rights to the folder already exists)

-On this same setting (user account for service), install seems to not work if using other format for the username, for instance: ".\User" and "server\User" doesn't work, while "User" works.

I thought we fixed this error - maybe it wasn't included on the latest build for some reasons.

Does your network is configured as a workgroup or as a domain?

- After playing a little bit with picture tagging I noticed it adds "Daminion ® https://daminion.net;" to the author file field, is there a way to disable this?

It will be fixed on the next build.

P.S. I wasn't able to upload screenshots as I'm already using my quota, can I get a bigger quota?

Yes. What a message did you see when try to upload the screenshots? Can you able to upload smaller size images?

:

- I assume that you use Daminion Server version?

Right

- Do files were imported from shared locations?

Yes, both times

Please expand the Folders node in the Catalog Tags tree and check if the duplicate files has the same location but with different root folder letter case? For example:

\\PhotoServer\... and \\photoserver.

Sorry, I do not have the old catalog as I deleted it and reinstalled Postgre, but I was careful to use same letter case, I may be wrong though.

Does the problem is exist after rebooting the Server (or reopening the local catalog)?

When testing I tried reopening the shared catalog, it was showing duplicated items.

I thought we fixed this error - maybe it wasn't included on the latest build for some reasons.

Does your network is configured as a workgroup or as a domain?

Workgroup

Yes. What a message did you see when try to upload the screenshots? Can you able to upload smaller size images?

Thanks, it shows "Used 493.9K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 6.1K)" below the attachments section when posting. I uploaded some screenshots on other posts so I think it may be a global quota.

You need to manually delete postgre user account and postgre data directory.

Once you deleted a postgre account the Daminion Data folder will forgot about the previous postgre user even if it had the same name. Windows gives unique ID (Guid) for each newly created system account.

-For some reason server's install wasn't creating Daminion's catalog database, I couldn't find any log item talking about an error and tried uninstalling/installing several times...

You can check this on "Control Panel\System and Security\View event logs" window

I've increased the default quote size to 10mb.