How to speed up the syncing?

SergeS

I have around 50K+ pictures in catalog, few hundred tags, pictures stored remotely on the NAS, gigabit network providing full available speed. The syncing seems too slow, around 5+ seconds per file. Is this normal? Are there any way to speed up?

p.s. Have tried to optimize, no improvement.

The bottleneck in your configuration is the network. Even with a Gigabit network.

Copy 50-100 files from your NAS to a local drive and try to compare the syncing speed of NAS based files versus these file copies on your local folder. The larger your files are the most time is required to updated them remotelly.

The best performance can be archieve when Daminion Server and Files are located on the same PC:

https://daminion.net/tutorials/selecting-the-right-file-storage-scheme-for-daminion-server

The bottleneck in your configuration is the network. Even with a Gigabit network.

Copy 50-100 files from your NAS to a local drive and try to compare the syncing speed of NAS based files versus these file copies on your local folder. The larger your files are the most time is required to updated them remotelly.

The best performance can be archieve when Daminion Server and Files are located on the same PC:

https://daminion.net/tutorials/selecting-the-right-file-storage-scheme-for-daminion-server

Ok, thank you, you are right, my files are kind of large, typical nef file is around 40 meg...

I am using my NAS as a main storage, convenient and web-accessible, and i do not want to copy files to my PC back and forth every time when i need to edit tags. May be you could think about porting your server application to some popular NAS platform, like Synology? Especially, for example, Synology NAS already has PostgreSQL running on the background... Just wish :-)