Licensing question

SergeS

I have suddenly noticed my Daminion is not able anymore to do folders rescan, it says "trial period has ended".

I was using free standalone version, recently have switched to server version, although i am the only one user of Daminion in my family, no commercial usage at all.

My questions:

1) How long is trial period?

2) If i would buy the server version, should i also pay for standalone version as a client?

3) Considering the fact I am a single user, there is absolutely no commercial usage, but i have a lot of pictures (currently around 55K and family collection for sure gonna grow), what specific product version would you recommend? Standalone version is ok for me, but server catalog seems working slightly faster

1. You can evaluate Daminion Server trial version during 30 days. After that some features will be disabled and maximal number of connections will be decreased to 1 (at a time).

2. Nope. You only need to buy Daminion Server license(s).

3. You can stay with Home Server (1 or 2 connections) - $99 or $149 accordingly.

1. You can evaluate Daminion Server trial version during 30 days. After that some features will be disabled and maximal number of connections will be decreased to 1 (at a time).

2. Nope. You only need to buy Daminion Server license(s).

3. You can stay with Home Server (1 or 2 connections) - $99 or $149 accordingly.

Ok, got it, thank you for answer.

Looking at your site, what is the advantage to buy standalone pro version (unlimited pictures) for $100 vs server home version (also with unlimited pictures), which will include standalone version, same as first choice, for the same $100 (1 connection)?

Ok, got it, thank you for answer.

Looking at your site, what is the advantage to buy standalone pro version (unlimited pictures) for $100 vs server home version (also with unlimited pictures), which will include standalone version, same as first choice, for the same $100 (1 connection)?

Daminion Pro can be used for commercial usage. But if you plan to work with your family photos only obtaining the Home Server version will be the best choice.

Server Home $99 vs $149 - is this one vs two connections to one only server?

Or one vs two independent licenses for whole product (server + client), which will give me ability to have two independent installations with, lets say, my friend? From product web-page this is not really clear, sounds like two products...