The user name or password is incorrect

SergeS

I am using standalone free version for few months, seems ok for me, but i have decided to try server version.

All my photos are located on NAS, in the windows shared folder, Daminion (server and client) are on my desktop computer.

Have installed 4.0.0 (build 1245) version, run "Daminion Server Administration", set password for admin.

After that run the standalone version (also 4.0.0 build 1245), go to File->Open shared catalog, click on the NetCatalog under localhost, type my password, no problem until now. After that click on the "Add Files" button, select folders with photos on my NAS, click "add", confirm it on the next screen... Daminion seems start to run, i see rotating circle with counter going down. But on the end it gave me error "The user name or password is incorrect", see screenshot:

dam-server-scr1.PNG

As i can see - daminion has access to my pictures on NAS, it shows some thumbnails...

What am I doing wrong? What password is wrong?

UPD: Win8, Daminion Server Administration said "Log on as : LocalSystem"... May be problem is here?

LocalSystem doesn't have an access to network folders. You need to click on this link in the Admin panel, and change it to a more powerful account.

https://daminion.net/tutorials/configuring-daminion-server-service

Ok, thank you. Have read it, but I did not understand what should I put there as a username and password...

I have created user (username) on my nas with password (password) with r/w access to all shared folders. What is next? My win8 is not allow me to put username/password on service screen you have referenced... Does anybody have win8 with Daminion server paired with Synology NAS, keeping all photos on the shared folder, can you explain how to set it up, please?

You need to create a new local account on your Windows 8 (which edition?) and create the same user with the same password on your NAS (via NAS control panel). After that change your Daminion Server service account to this user in the Services window and restart Daminion Server.

You need to create a new local account on your Windows 8 (which edition?) and create the same user with the same password on your NAS (via NAS control panel). After that change your Daminion Server service account to this user in the Services window and restart Daminion Server.

Yes! Got it working :-) Keyword was "restart".

After change of username, when I have tried stop/start service from Daminion Server Administration - it fails, full server restart helps... Thank you.

Yes! Got it working :-) Keyword was "restart".

After change of username, when I have tried stop/start service from Daminion Server Administration - it fails, full server restart helps... Thank you.

offtopic ON :-)

anybody knows why some tags may duplicates? After adding my photos first time with server version, some folders have been duplicated. I have rescanned (no removing-adding), folders duplicates seems gone, but I have just noticed some other tags duplication, see screenshot: dam-tags-dupl.png

I am not really sure, may be those are leftovers from first attempt, when folders were duplicated...

Why it may happen? And what to do to avoid? I was using standalone version for around year, never seen these problems.

And are there any capability to automatically remove all tags with zero in number of photos with it?

p.s. Daminion version is 4.0.0.1245, pictures are stored on NAS shared folder, there is no mapping to any disk letter.

anybody knows why some tags may duplicates? After adding my photos first time with server version, some folders have been duplicated. I have rescanned (no removing-adding), folders duplicates seems gone, but I have just noticed some other tags duplication, see screenshot: <skip>

I am not really sure, may be those are leftovers from first attempt, when folders were duplicated...

Why it may happen? And what to do to avoid? I was using standalone version for around year, never seen these problems.

And are there any capability to automatically remove all tags with zero in number of photos with it?

p.s. Daminion version is 4.0.0.1245, pictures are stored on NAS shared folder, there is no mapping to any disk letter.

Update: I have removed catalog and recreate it from scratch. There is no new duplicates, but "old" existing duplicates in keywords area are still there:dam-tags-dupl2.png

They stays even if i remove catalog :-(. The other duplications (folders, camera models, lens types) are gone. Two questions:

1) Is this bug? How to prevent appearing of those duplicates?

2) How to get rid of duplicated keywords I already have?