More bugs and feature requests

pgrondin

Bug: Immediately after going from thumbnail view to filmstrip view, I cannot advance to an adjacent image using the cursor keys. The previously selected image thumbnail is highlighted, but I have to click on it or any other thumbnail before I can use the cursor keys.

Feature Request: In Filmstrip or Full Screen view, it would be nice if the zoom level could be made persistent so that for instance I could set zoom to 100% or "Actual Pixels" and keep it there as I advance through the images. There are occasions where I want to review a set of images to verify that the focus is perfect, there is no motion blur etc. Having to click/scroll/click every one to get back to 100% zoom is a pain.

Is there a difference between 100% zoom, and "Actual Pixels"?

Feature Request: In filmstrip or full screen view the Page up / Page down keys or the cursor left / right keys will advance to the adjacent images till I zoom away from default full screen. After changing zoom, the "page up", "page down" keys have to be used to advance to the previous / next images. "Page up / Page down" keys do not work by default in filmstrip view (See Below). It would be nice if the interface was more consistent. One possible way would be to retain the basic cursor key action at Forward / Back whether the image is zoomed or not, and use Shift or Control in conjunction with the cursor keys to scroll the zoomed image.

Bug /Feature request: In filmstrip view, sometimes the "Page Up / Page Down" keys move to the adjacent images, but most of the time they do not. There are at least two ways to enable these keys, I can zoom an image in filmstrip view, or I can do an "Alt Tab" to switch applications and then another one to get back to Daminion, and presto! "Page Up / Page Down" keys move to the adjacent images. I would prefer that they always work, and that they move to adjacent film strips similar to their function in thumbnail view.

Bug: Immediately after going from thumbnail view to filmstrip view, I cannot advance to an adjacent image using the cursor keys. The previously selected image thumbnail is highlighted, but I have to click on it or any other thumbnail before I can use the cursor keys.

I guess you mean switching the view by mouse - I am able to use keyboard after using the Keyboard (Enter key).

Feature Request: In Filmstrip or Full Screen view, it would be nice if the zoom level could be made persistent so that for instance I could set zoom to 100% or "Actual Pixels" and keep it there as I advance through the images. There are occasions where I want to review a set of images to verify that the focus is perfect, there is no motion blur etc. Having to click/scroll/click every one to get back to 100% zoom is a pain.

This could be added. It's a bit strange, but FastStone ImageViewer doesn't save the latest zoom options.

Is there a difference between 100% zoom, and "Actual Pixels"?

It means the same.

Bug /Feature request: In filmstrip view, sometimes the "Page Up / Page Down" keys move to the adjacent images, but most of the time they do not. There are at least two ways to enable these keys, I can zoom an image in filmstrip view, or I can do an "Alt Tab" to switch applications and then another one to get back to Daminion, and presto! "Page Up / Page Down" keys move to the adjacent images. I would prefer that they always work, and that they move to adjacent film strips similar to their function in thumbnail view.

I guess the problem is related to unfocused filmstrip element - when you switch to FilmStrip by mouse it does not receive a focus to handle further keyboard actions. This will be fixed.

I guess you mean switching the view by mouse - I am able to use keyboard after using the Keyboard (Enter key).

Yes, I was switching view with the mouse. The problem exists when switching view in either direction using the mouse.

FastStone ImageViewer doesn't save the latest zoom options

FastStone may not save zoom, but it would still be nice to have.

I guess that part of my problem was that when I switch view using the mouse, both the yellow "selected" box and the dotted "focus" box are both still there even though the actual Focus is not.