Daminion as a Story Bank

daniel-ina

Hello,

Daminion is going really well for us at the moment. I am hoping to turn it from a photo database to a story bank with photos over the next year. For our purposes, photos are far more useful with stories (and vice versa).

So it seems like the description field can do this. Which is good.

However, what scares me is that it is easy to select a lot of photos and overwrite the description (and other attributes). Would it be possible for the admin to select fields which will give a warning before you can change, that require a password re-entry to change, or set it so that a certain field can only be changed individually? This would give me a lot more confidence!

Thanks,

Daniel

Current Daminion version doesn't restrict an access to the catalog on Tags level (only on Functionality, File and Catalog levels). But we started collect votes for this feature (#3687)

Current you can limit an access to your catalog by User Roles. For example users with the Viewer role can't edit your Description fields. But this works for Team Server edition only.

Current Daminion version doesn't restrict an access to the catalog on Tags level (only on Functionality, File and Catalog levels). But we started collect votes for this feature (#3687)

Current you can limit an access to your catalog by User Roles. For example users with the Viewer role can't edit your Description fields. But this works for Team Server edition only.

I think that is the challenge though... There is a big gulf between viewer and editor. An editor could destroy a catalogue in an instant, a viewer can't change anything...

I think that is the challenge though... There is a big gulf between viewer and editor. An editor could destroy a catalogue in an instant, a viewer can't change anything...

Another way of looking at it... If I grabbed a group of images and went to add something in the categories and keywords field, this would be non-destructive to the information that was previously there. Whereas, if I were to add something to the description field in the same way, I would lose a lot of information.