MTS Thumbnail Corruption (was Grey / black thumbnail for video files with the format MPEG 1-2)

Mike*V

Problem Summary: Thumbnails created for mts video files were distorted by some sections of the thumbnail showing as gray.

Thanks for sharing the files. I've played a bit with the MPLayer command line arguments and configration file but there are an unreal number of possible options and configurations so it might require ages to determine the problem with these files.

So if you never mind, I suggest you to ask this question on SuperUser.com or AskUbuntu.com and share the link to your video so people can test it. This might be the fastest way unless someone has a better experience with working with the MPlayer than me.

The sample command line to capture frame from your video:

mplayer -frames 1 -ss 3 -vf scale=1920:1080 -nosound -really-quiet -msglevel all=-1 -vo jpeg:quality=95 "00001.[2].MTS"

I would take this issue to sites you suggest, but I'm a little sketchy on the background. I don't even know the version used by daminion.

After some trial and considerable error, I found a way to test the command line you offered using daminion's instance of mplayer.

I saw that if I generated three jpeg or png files -frames 3 and jpeg:outdir="\temp"the first one was poor, the second one was better, and the third one was clear.

1. Does this help?

2. Are we stuck with mplayer? Is there an option to select a different frame extraction application? Windows Explorer and some other viewer apps don't seem to have problems grabbing frames from mts videos.

Mike

The problem occurs when we use the -ss parameter of the MPlayer, but it works with other videos. I can ask the question by myself if you'll publish your video somewhere (probably via the dropbox) and give me a link so I can share this link along with the question.

We are stuck with the MPlayer currently, but can add support for FFMpeg.

The problem occurs when we use the -ss parameter of the MPlayer, but it works with other videos. I can ask the question by myself if you'll publish your video somewhere (probably via the dropbox) and give me a link so I can share this link along with the question.

We are stuck with the MPlayer currently, but can add support for FFMpeg.

Thanks, Murat.

I'm adding a longer clip. Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2dqufejwkv07fk0/AABs56aDnr-KPUbllv5QkV02a?dl=0

Mike