Client crashes when selecting images

franky68

Hello,

I imported a bunch of images into the shared catalog. Now I was moving tags - I queried "Keywords/People/Family/Wife", hit CTRL-A to select them all and dragged the images to "People/Family/Wife" and then removed "Keywords/People/Family/Wife" from the selected images. This step has been repeated for several keywords/people.

Now when I select a random image Daminion crashes and brings up the windows error report. This is repeatable with every image I select and the images are physically intact so I can load them in other applications without issues.

The logfiles (client) seem pretty uneventfull:

2011-11-12 01:34:09,640 [8] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.PrecalculateQueryResultCommand [(null)] Start : PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.PrecalculateQueryResultCommand
2011-11-12 01:34:09,656 [8] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.PrecalculateQueryResultCommand [(null)] End : PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Client.WCF.Command.PrecalculateQueryResultCommand

This happens on the laptop and the desktop (server).

Hello,

how do I turn the autosync feature off when working with shared catalogs? In the standalone I need to quickly hit the "pause" button which is only available when the sync already started. In client/server I dont get that button.

And no, I can not reproduce the issue since its permanent. Currently I can not work with Daminion since it crashes when I try to select an image. Ill send you the serverlogs.

how do I turn the autosync feature off when working with shared catalogs? In the standalone I need to quickly hit the "pause" button which is only available when the sync already started. In client/server I dont get that button.

Sorry, I forgot this. This feature is almost (but no yet) finished for the server version.

And no, I can not reproduce the issue since its permanent. Currently I can not work with Daminion since it crashes when I try to select an image. Ill send you the serverlogs.

Yes, please.

To Valery: the log file contains the row:

DE: "Tabellenname »image« mehrmals angegeben"

EN: "Table name "image" more than once"

ERROR: 42712

Ok, now the desktop is back again too.

As said, the previous crashes happened all the time while it was and the desktop was not rebooted or anything since then.

Could it be that the server crashes the clients if its overloaded? I imported quite a few images and changed tags on several thousand of them.

It's a bit hard to reproduce the issue based on the log file.

It will be very helpful if you describe me steps preceding to appearing this error (when the bug will appears in the future).

Can you send me your settings folder:

C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0

Well, thats all I did...

I imported roughly 10.000 images (yes, *after* double checking that I have backups *g) and changed the tags from keyword/person to person. I would estimate this about 20.000 keyword delete/add processes. As said, my guess is that the server had trouble with that number of actions and made the clients crash somehow. Unfortunately I couldn't check if the server was still busy since there is no idication.

Hmm.... I upgraded to that version and now the desktop shows 8535 images to sync... I didn't make any changes since saturday. Shouldn't those changes already be finished syncing?

The previous Daminion Server didn't display 'unsynced' number even if the background process was active on the server side. So the number might include changes made early than Saturday.

Ok, I went really brave and unpaused the sync (which I paused right as I launched the new version and noticed the number). After waiting for about 15 minutes the little wheel kept on spinning but the number of files still stalled at 8535 and didn't go down.

Modifying files increased the number but there is no chance to make it go down. Pausing and unpausing the sync does not help.

Btw. is it desired behaviour that the sync process can only be unpaused from the computer that paused it?

Modifying files increased the number but there is no chance to make it go down. Pausing and unpausing the sync does not help.

Please wait for some time after clicking on the Start(Unpause) button.

Btw. is it desired behaviour that the sync process can only be unpaused from the computer that paused it?

This can be unpaused from any computer where the shared catalog is opened.

Please wait for some time after clicking on the Start(Unpause) button.

As stated, I already waited for (far) more than 15 minutes and right now the sync process in unpaused for almost 30 minutes and its still at 8537. Unfortunately I can not query for unsynced images so see what constitutes this really high number...

This can be unpaused from any computer where the shared catalog is opened.

Now I can but I could swear this wasn't the case yesterday. I had it paused from the desktop and was not able to unpause from the laptop. However this now works and I can not reproduce it - maybe there was some other problem.

Maybe I am totally misinterpreting something but the "synchronize" table in the database shows 265 entries with a "timestamp" of 2011/10/21 and an empty value in "processed". All others are 2011/11/11 and "f".

Another observation is that I have up to 16 sync-entries for a single mediaitem. This looks like a lot of redundant write accesses ;)

Each entry is related to the item's properties (tags) but not to the files so there are no redundant accesses :ok:

:dash2:

Duhh.... silly me! Of course - there are 23.688 enties in total but only 8.537 unique mediaitems id's.

This would meet my estimation of total changes I made to the images - which would mean that they haven't been synced so far at all.

Any idea what I could do to get them synced?

If I truncate the synchronize table is there any chance to force a full sync at a later time?

Btw. it would be handy to have a saved search (like last import) which shows the images that are unsynced.

• 3 weeks later...

Yupp, as I came back home about 3 hours later the sync counter was down to 24. Those 24 were images that I deleted from the filesystem but not on Daminion so I will forgive Daminion for not beeing able to sync them ;)

However Daminion counted down like 24, 8, 1, 0 and started over with 24 again and this went on until I manually deleted the images from the catalog. I think it would be better if Daminion would stop the sync process once it finished *trying* to sync all images and raise an error dialog if there were errors.