Folder structure do no match with Windows

derbay

Hi Murat,

Each time when we import new files to the catalog, the folder structure shows new or duplicate folders. I am trying to relink the folders, but after each fix, it creates different folders than the one shows on Windows.

Can't we see the same folder structure like Windows, without doing a rescan folder feature? All of our employees get confused with this rescan folder method.

Another thing that I have noticed is, when I select the relink folder command, it shows double slashes (//) in some folders, and triple slashes in others (///). What would be the reason for this? See attached thumbnails.

The server pc name is "YS-MACMINI", in some import jobs it shows all the capital letters, in some import jobs it shows "Ys-macmini" in lower cases. Is the folder structure case sensetive?

When importing files should we select the file with network folder structure like "//serverpc/folders", or would it be better to map the network location with a drive like "L:" drive?

Please advise

post-1745-0-65562800-1412288654_thumb.jpg

post-1745-0-66599400-1412288666_thumb.jpg

Hello derbay,

"Can't we see the same folder structure like Windows, without doing a rescan folder feature? All of our employees get confused with this rescan folder method."

You don't see the folder structure of Windows. You see the folder structure of files imported in the Daminion Database.

If you would see the Windows folder, the folder structure is useless because you don't know with folder is imported which not etc.

The user doesn't have to know the Windows structure. They can work in the Database View of Daminion.

That's my point of view.

Regards, Uwe

Hello again,

In order to give you a better example of our problem, I have imported images from 4 different machines. Each import created a seperate folder tree in Daminion. But in reality they are all under the "digilib" main folder in Windows.

Please see the folder tree structure comparison in Daminion and Windows side by side.

I think this should not be normal, otherwise it would be a nightmare to organize the Daminion folder structure.

Any feedback greatly appricated.

Thank you,

post-1745-0-52687300-1412297854_thumb.jpg

Hi derbay,

please check your Import Settings. What did you use to specify the Destination Folder in the Import Dialog Window?

E.g. I use: \\server\folder. Additionally I use "Create Subfolder" and "Rename Files"

Regards, Uwe

Doruk, thank you for the screenshots and detailes explanations. Something is wrong with your folder structure - we need to investigate into the issue in detail.

Can you please send me the backup of your catalog for analyzing. And I probably will ask you to another remote session to your server PC (need to discuss with our guys before).

When importing files should we select the file with network folder structure like "//serverpc/folders", or would it be better to map the network location with a drive like "L:" drive?

I recommend you to use the network paths like "\\serverpc\folders" because all computers with the Daminion Clients on your network will see them same path, unlike using mapped drives which are individul for each client PC.