Starting server service using Active Directory domain user

bmenk

I can run the server just fine using an administrative account on the local machine. When I try to use an account from the Active Directory domain though I get an error in the Application log:

Service cannot be started. System.ArgumentException: The certificate 'CN=localhost, OU=Debug, O=daminion.net, S=Russia, C=RU' must have a private key that is capable of key exchange. The process must have access rights for the private key. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Keyset does not exist at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)

Is there a way to allow this to get its certificate from our interla local domain instead of using the one from daminion.net?

Or am I mis-reading the error and we need some other fix?

This is server 3.3.0.1060.

Thanks

Bobb Menk

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library

I was able to get this working. Here's what I missed that was causing the issue:

After changing the logon user in the Services control panel I then checked the server application itself. That showed the message that I needed to grant the new users rights to the certificate that allows that user to run the server app. There was a helpful link in the server app window to do this for me. Once I clicked it, the server started up again with no issues.

Bobb Menk

• 3 years later...