file import limit

isaac3d

Hi,

I am using the latest Daminion Standalone verrsion (0.8.7.445) and have found that if I import more than 1000 files via the Add files button (top left), Daminion only imports a maximum of 1000 files. The files counter at the bottom left (with the turning circle) counts through all the files but it still only imports the first 1000 files. If I mouse over the spinning circle after it has counted 1000 files, then the popup info changes from details of the import with option to cancel to only an option to cancel. This behaviour is completely repreducible and it does not matter if the files are in one or multiple folders (importing from multiple sub folders in one click is a great feature by the way).

Is this a known issue or a new bug?

Cheers

I have never seen that problem on my system.

Daminion thumbnail view only displays 1000 thumbs at a time.

To the bottom right section of the thumbnail view (To the right of the turning circle icon) you should have a series of numbers, essentially first, second, third... thousand. Click on one of those and it should display that page of thumbs.

This is a screenshot explaining the Peter's comment:

bottom-bar-page-switcher.gif

It looks like this is a feature rather than a bug, however, I do not see the list of pages. The right most symbol I see is the one for the film strip display.

Can anyone tell me how to make the pages visible.

Also, if only 1000 images are displayed per page, is it possible to select all images in a category in order to add multiple category or keyword tags in one step?

It looks like this is a feature rather than a bug, however, I do not see the list of pages. The right most symbol I see is the one for the film strip display.

Can anyone tell me how to make the pages visible.

Also, if only 1000 images are displayed per page, is it possible to select all images in a category in order to add multiple category or keyword tags in one step?

Hmm... it looks like I am just not understanding the correct way to import files.

I see a category called "Unassigned" with over 7000 images. When I select that (so the green spot appears), then I see the multiple pages.

So my question should be:

"How do I add multiple thousands of images to the database and assign multiple tags to those images?"

So my question should be:

"How do I add multiple thousands of images to the database and assign multiple tags to those images?"

You can add into catalog as many images(or other supported media formats) as you wish. This is just limited by your media collection size and a free disk space on your hard drive. To display the page switcher you need to just check any tag with a number greater than 1000.

We spited search results to pages by 1000 files per page for the performance reason.

So you can annotate 1000 images per time (per operation).

If you put images into Tray, then you can assign more files at once.

You can add into catalog as many images(or other supported media formats) as you wish. This is just limited by your media collection size and a free disk space on your hard drive. To display the page switcher you need to just check any tag with a number greater than 1000.

We spited search results to pages by 1000 files per page for the performance reason.

So you can annotate 1000 images per time (per operation).

If you put images into Tray, then you can assign more files at once.

Ah, I think I see how it works. Perhaps you can make the default 1000 images per page a variable that can be set in the preferences for the next release?

Anyway, I now have 1397 images in the Tray and they are selected (outlined in yellow)and I want to assign multiple tags to this selection. How do I do that?

If I select multiple tags (categories) and right click one of the categories the popup menu gives the option to "Add selected Indexed Tag items to selected files" as usual but it is greyed out so I can't use it.

Anyway, I now have 1397 images in the Tray and they are selected (outlined in yellow)and I want to assign multiple tags to this selection. How do I do that?

If I select multiple tags (categories) and right click one of the categories the popup menu gives the option to "Add selected Indexed Tag items to selected files" as usual but it is greyed out so I can't use it.

You have 2 options here:

1. Select all the images in your tray window and drag them to a tag

2. Select all the images in your main workspace and drag them to a tag

2.1. Switch to the second page and repeat the step #2.

You have 2 options here:

1. Select all the images in your tray window and drag them to a tag

2. Select all the images in your main workspace and drag them to a tag

2.1. Switch to the second page and repeat the step #2.

Both options are rather cumbersome and likely to cause mistakes. Imagion I try to derive a tag from a query that has more than 1000 results. How easily can I oversee that there is a second page - in particular when doing this routinely.

I think the better option would be (as isaac suggested) to have the number configurable so users with fast computers can set this number to endless while netbooks etc. can be limited to 1000 or something.

Another option would be to have a page button that displays all images in addition to the numbers (eg. 1 2 3 oo).