[1037] Bug? Dimension not updated after crop with external editor

WilfriedB

After cropping an image with an external program to change a landscape into a square picture, Daminion full view still shows it in landscape format while cutting the uppper and lower part of it.

The thumbnail views show the full picture.

The properties panel still says "Dimension 4869x3672x24" while other programs show the full square with Dimension: 2241 x 2241 px.

Murat, neither Refresh Thumbnail (Ctrl+B was the first thing I tried), nor closing and opening Daminion nor did solve the problem.

The thumbnail in all sizes look fine, but the full view shows the picture in landscape with upper and lower part cut off.

However, when I create a new catalog and import only that single image, it is shown correctly. Obviously the new catalog is not aware of the Item Audit History.

I also tried this now in Build 1039 with the same result. Furthermore, I reverted the image to the original version and performed the same transformation (crop to 1:1 ration) with the same result as in the previous build: The Dimension in the properties falsely states "4896x3672x24" and the full screen view shows a cropped landscape view of the picture.

If the image was viewed at least once in the full screen mode it will be cached an the "outdated" large image preview will be shown. I've registered this issue. As a workaround you can invoke two commands after editing an image by external editor:

- Item > Update Thumbnail

- Then press the Refresh button (prior to the quick search text box)

Thanks for the update, Murat.

Unfortunately, the workaround does not work for me (Build 1039). Seems the cache is not cleared with neither of the two commands.

It applies also for the film strip view: In the film strip at the bottom of the panel, the full square picture appears while I see the cropped landscape above.

post-1805-0-15588000-1403879733_thumb.jpg

P.S.

The explanation with the "outdated cache" does not seem reasonable to me. Remember the properties panel also shows the original Dimension = 4896x3672x24, while the image size is really 2177x2177 (as reported by the Exif Tool and Windows).

I rather assume, after the edit, the dimension is never updated.

OK, I reproduced with a different image:

1. Open the image in full screen
  2. F9 to see the Thumbnail again
  3. Checkout and Edit With ShowFoto (part of DigiKam 4.1.0)
  4. Transform Aspect Ration Crop with ratio 1:1
  5. Save the changed image and close ShowFoto
  6. Check in
  7. Item -> Update Thumbnail
  8. Refresh

Now the thumbnail appears in square, but when I open it, I only see it in landscape.

You are welcome, to watch via TeamViewer.

I've recorded a brief video when I tried to reprodude the issue:

https://www.dropbox....6-27_185401.wmv

Could you please compare it with your steps.

Besides, I did not use PhotoShop, the difference was, I used "Check out & Edit" before and "Check in" after the edit. I assume, this is necessary to get an audit history (correct?).

The problem with Refresh button was because the File Modified Date was preserved after editing an image by showFoto. We've added an extra condition to check also the actual file size with file size info in the catalog.

The issue with clearing cached image was registered.