2 questions

Mel

Hello,

Q1: Choose Item -> Export (choose any option here), click "Export Original Files" in the "Transform" area; see the screenshot below. Now what's the functional difference between "JPEG - Original Size" and "JPEG - 100% of Original Size"?

Q2: How do I define a search with "does not contain" rule?

TIA

-- M.

post-859-0-40464500-1403279598_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reply, Russel.

I was not precise enough in the 2nd question.

The sample task would be to find all files with filename containing e.g. water but not waterfall. I used the "Advanced" button to define a search like

'
Filename contains Water AND ....
' now what?

Secondly, I suppose that in the Advanced Find dialog the Append condition is always linked with AND operand thus one cannot define searches like:

'Filename contains WATER' OR 'Keyword equals WATER'

Is this true?

-- M.

The sample task would be to find all files with filename containing e.g. water but not waterfall. I used the "Advanced" button to define a search like

Mariusz, neither I was able to create a query with a negation using the "Advanced" button. However it is possible to build it using the Catalog Tags window:

When you select any of the tags to be included, you left click the round button on the right of it (and the button turns green), if you want to exclude a tag, you press the Alt-key and hold it while clicking the button and it will turn red.

If you want to combine more than one arguments, like in your example, you need to hold the Ctrl-key while clicking the second tag. However, before you actually click the tag, you only press the Ctrl-key. At this point, a red OR appears in the heading of the first selected tag. You can click the OR and select AND instead. No you press and hold Ctrl and Alt, then click the button next to the second argument. That creates exactly the query in your example.

And Russel, is right: This is explained nicely in one of the video tutorials.

Hi Mariusz,

1. These transformation presets are equal. Thanks for noticing this - we'll remove the second preset.

2. We disabled an the "doesn't contain" condition from the Advanced Search because it worked wrong in the "many-to-many relationships in the database" (technically speaking).

You can exclude exact tag matches from the query via the Tags tree as Wilfried suggested. But in this case we exclude tags from the query based on the IDs, but not a text entry, and thats work.

We'll get back to this issue after releasing the 4.0 version and development of the most demanded core functionality. Thanks for pointing to this issue.

Secondly, I suppose that in the Advanced Find dialog the Append condition is always linked with AND operand thus one cannot define searches like:

'Filename contains WATER' OR 'Keyword equals WATER'

Is this true?

Yep. Different tags are grouped with the AND condition, while you can select between AND , and OR for values of the same TAG, for example:

(Filename contains WATER) AND

(Keyword equals WATER OR Keyword equals WATERFUL OR Keyword equals WATERPOL) AND

(Categories doesn't match AAAAAA AND Categories doesn't match BBBBBB)

Thanks for all suggestions.

BTW - Murat, if the search definition is internally translated to an sql query maybe one day you would consider a "SQL Query" window for sql geeks to define nonstandard or complex conditions using the query language?

-- M.