Cannot re-install server successfully

pgrondin

When I initially installed Server 0.8.7.443, and the client 0.8.7.443, both on the same machine, I was able to import photos to the shared catalog.

I tried to get access to the photos from a second computer (Identical username/password) but was unsuccessful. I kept getting messages "Cannot connect to server". I messed around with the firewalls on both machines and the router, then tried to completely uninstall and re-install.

1) uninstall Daminion server

2) uninstall Daminion

3) uninstall postgre

4) delete Daminion directory in program files(x86)

5) Delete Program Data/Daminion, and postgre

6) Deleted postgre user

7) deleted users\peter\apdata\roaming\Daminion

8) deleted My Documents\Daminion Catalogs, and Postgre

9) restarted the computer.

10) Re-installed Daminion Server, and Daminion on the first machine.

Now when I try to open a shared catalog on the first machine, I get an Error Opening Catalog window

"Object reference not set to an instance of an Object"

If I try to open the catalog again I get the "TimeLessJobForm" window with

If I click Continue, I get "NetCatalog - Daminion" showing in the title bar". If I try to add images to the NetCatalog, I get the Import Error window with

"Failed to establish connection to 'LocalHost'

When I press OK I get the NetCatalog Daminion window with: "The given key was not present in the dictionary".

This persists until I select "Quit".

I have no idea what I broke in this process, maybe registry settings?

Loading a standard catalog still works fine.

PS: How do I insert images into the post?

I messed around with the firewalls on both machines and the router, then tried to completely uninstall and re-install.

8082 and 8084 ports should be open and available.

Now when I try to open a shared catalog on the first machine, I get an Error Opening Catalog window

Did you try to open a catalog from the Daminion Client that was installed on the First machine?

If I try to open the catalog again I get the "TimeLessJobForm" window with

Could you please send me the log file right after the problem was occurred?

PS: How do I insert images into the post?

I'll check if there are available some addons to IPBoard Forum that allows to upload images. At the moment you can post an image with specifying an external link.

8082 and 8084 ports should be open and available.

I think they are OK but I don't know how to test that the ports are open between teh two machines.

Does you try to open a catalog from the Daminion Client that was installed on the First machine?

Server is installed on 192.168.0.151. I tried opening 192.168.0.151 NetCatalog.

The Daminion, and Daminion Server catalogs are on their way.

The problem is because the PostgreSQL service is not started.

Could you please make sure that the Port #5432 is not blocked. This port is used by PostgreSQL. After that please go to Services and try to start PostgreSQL manually.

BTW what firewall do you use?

If the above advice will not helps please try to turn off firewall on your server PC, and try to launch Postgre service again.

Thanks for your assistance in advance!

I am running Windows 7 professional SP1 64 bit

I don't know how to get direct access to unblock port 5432. Windows Firewall allows me to add programs to the exception list, but I can't see the port numbers. I have added postgres.exe and Daminion Server to it's exception list.

When I test using TestPortTester.exe from http://porttest.blogspot.com and using 127.0.0.1 it reports ports 8032, and 8034 available if Daminion server is running.

If Daminion server is not running, and for port 5432 it reports the ports as unavailable. The typical message is:

connecting to 127.0.0.1 server and port 5432

...waiting for server to response...

No connection to 127.0.0.1 server and port 5432

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5432

Port Not Available

The program seems to test for a response from the server "listening" on the port. Since I can't start PostgreSQL, my port test fails, but it does not really tell me whether the port is open or closed.

I have tried to turn off Windows Firewall, and Avast (my anti-virus software).

I still cannot start postgreSQL.

If I go to Windows Firewall Advanced Security settings, postgreSQL, on the inbound rules tab, seems to be allowed to use all ports. I don't see any limitations on any of the other tabs.

When I try to start postgreSQL the progress bar advances quickly to about 50%, and then slows dramatically while it appears to wait for a response from somewhere.

Is there anything I forgot to do to get a complete un-install?

Thanks

Peter