1006 Exception during update

exterminador

Hi there,

I just tried to update to build 1006 (from build 996), but after updating Daminion started to crash. I found this exception logged during the update process, the timeout seems to ocurr with large databases (tested it with the large db I have previously shared) and this is generating the errors crashing Daminion after the update.

Regards!

2014-05-20 09:30:20,596 [8] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.WCF.CatalogServiceHost [(null)] - host_Opened
2014-05-20 09:30:20,627 [8] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.WCF.FileTransferServiceHost [(null)] - host_Opening
2014-05-20 09:30:20,638 [8] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.WCF.FileTransferServiceHost [(null)] - host_Opened
2014-05-20 09:30:20,638 [8] DEBUG Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService [(null)] - Done creating hosting: 05/20/2014 09:30:20
2014-05-20 09:30:21,218 [9] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.UniversalCatalogService [(null)] - Program version: Daminion Server 3.2.0 (build 1006) 
2014-05-20 09:30:21,243 [9] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.CheckValidateAndUpdateCommand [(null)] - Start: (1)
2014-05-20 09:30:21,260 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - select Ver from Settings ()
2014-05-20 09:30:21,483 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - select NewRelative from Settings ()
2014-05-20 09:30:21,506 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - UPDATE IndexedTags SET isallowchangeparent = @False WHERE GUID = @GUID (@GUID=e6521660-2859-459f-8f59-6c68e6814fe9, @False=False)
2014-05-20 09:30:21,856 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - select 1 from information_schema.tables where table_schema = 'public' and Upper(table_name) = 'KEYWORDS_SYNONYM' ()
2014-05-20 09:30:22,073 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - CREATE TABLE keywords_synonym (
Id bigserial NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
Value TEXT NOT NULL,
ValueId bigint NOT NULL,
IsPrimary boolean NOT NULL,
lng TEXT);

()
2014-05-20 09:30:22,918 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - INSERT INTO keywords_synonym (Value, ValueId, IsPrimary) SELECT Value, Id, @True FROM keywords_table (@True=True)
2014-05-20 09:30:25,867 [9] DEBUG SQL [(null)] - UPDATE SystemCollection_File SET Id_OriginValue = Id_MediaItem; ()
2014-05-20 09:30:46,141 [9] ERROR PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.CheckValidateAndUpdateCommand [(null)] - Error: (1)
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase Timeout value in ConnectionString. If you were executing a command, increase the CommandTimeout value in ConnectionString or in your NpgsqlCommand object.
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.ProcessBackendResponsesEnum(NpgsqlConnector context) in C:\projects\Npgsql2\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlState.cs:line 389
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlReadyState.QueryEnum(NpgsqlConnector context, NpgsqlCommand command) in C:\projects\Npgsql2\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlReadyState.cs:line 67
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.QueryEnum(NpgsqlCommand queryCommand) in C:\projects\Npgsql2\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlConnector.cs:line 301
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb) in C:\projects\Npgsql2\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlCommand.cs:line 609
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() in C:\projects\Npgsql2\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlCommand.cs:line 512
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.DbCommandWrapper.ExecuteNonQuery() in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.DB\DbCommandWrapper.cs:line 41
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.UpdateDatabaseVersion25.UpdateSystemCollectionForCustomSort(DbConnection connection) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.Utils.Uni\Command\UpdateDatabaseVersion25.cs:line 41
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.UpdateDatabaseVersion25.DoIt(DbConnection connection) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.Utils.Uni\Command\UpdateDatabaseVersion25.cs:line 20
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.DbCommandExecutor.ExecWithTransaction(Execute execDelegate, IDatabaseEnvironment databaseEnvironment, DbConnection connection, Boolean processErrorHandler) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.DB\DbCommandExecutor.cs:line 70
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.DbCommandExecutor.ExecWithTransaction(Execute execDelegate, IDatabaseEnvironment databaseEnvironment, Boolean processErrorHandler) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.DB\DbCommandExecutor.cs:line 23
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.DbCommandExecutor.ExecWithTransaction(Execute execDelegate, IDatabaseEnvironment databaseEnvironment) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.DB\DbCommandExecutor.cs:line 14
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.UpdateDatabaseSuperclass.Process(DbConnection connection) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.Utils.Uni\Command\UpdateDatabaseSuperclass.cs:line 42
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.CheckValidateAndUpdateCommand.Start(DbConnection connection) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.Utils.Uni\Command\CheckValidateAndUpdateCommand.cs:line 193
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.DatabaseCommand.Start() in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.Utils.Uni\DatabaseCommand.cs:line 109
  at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.DatabaseCommand.Process() in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Service.Utils.Uni\DatabaseCommand.cs:line 50
2014-05-20 09:30:46,146 [9] DEBUG PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.InitWatchedFoldersManagerCommand [(null)] - Start: (2)

Do you have a Daminion catalog backup that you did prior to upgrading to the 1006 build?

What's your PC configuration and your database size? Update might be sensitive to free RAM space.

Does it possible to get your database dump?

Did you launch the "Catalog > Optimize" Command before?

Do you have a Daminion catalog backup that you did prior to upgrading to the 1006 build?

What's your PC configuration and your database size? Update might be sensitive to free RAM space.

Does it possible to get your database dump?

Did you launch the "Catalog > Optimize" Command before?

Thanks Murat, yes, I did have a backup prior the upgrade. I restored it to be able to access Daminon again.

I'll resend you a dump of a large database I tested with.

The computer I use has a i7-3770S 3.10GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM running Windows 8.1 x64.

I didn't launch the Optimize Catalog command, will do it next time.

I will try again with the upcomming build.

Thanks again!