MP3 Albums

Matcho

I have loaded a few music albums (mp3) that I keep on my HD, where is each album in a different folder. After I added my MP3 files in Daminion, they show each MP3 file seperately, so for every album I see about 10 or 15 identical album covers. Every cover representing an MP3 File. Is there a way to show only one cover for one album and I can sort them on the "Album Artist" tag. That way I can scroll through my music albums instead of many separate MP3 files.

In the current Daminion version you can see the file list only (as thumbnails, filmstrip, details mode or their combinations).

We consider implementing a new feature named "Stacks". With stacks it will be possible to group the similar media files (documents, photos, video or music files). It's not in the top feature list although. But once we released the stable release and implemented the core features it might be implemented.

Regarding "Album Artist", Daminion should automatically extract all the MP3 files info into special music tags. To see it please click on the button with "Gear" image on the Catalog Tags panel's header. And check the necessary MP3 tags.