Editors & Viewers can't see shared catalog items

bmenk

I'm testing the Team version of the server. I'd like to be able to set up some test users in the Editor and Viewer roles. I can create such users but when they login to the shared catalog, instead of showing the images already in the catalog, it says "No items matched your search". This is immediately upon login with no manual search having been entered.

The editor can upload images to the catalog, which would indicate that the client is connected, and they go in ok, but still remain invisible in the main viewing area of the screen.

The guest and admin roles all work as expected - including those admin roles I've created for testing.

This is v2.5.0.932 server & client. The license on the server app is showing that I'm testing the Team version so that should be ok.

The fact that guest and admin users can see everything would indicate the network connection is ok.

So I'm guessing it's some config setting I'm missing for these other roles, but I haven't found it anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Bobb Menk

Thanks for dropping them where I could get at them. This build solved my problem.

FYI I think it might be useful to have a paragraph or two in the Server installation guide or elsewhere, outlining the preferred process for upgrading a version. I did a simple install by running the executable and it worked, but it would have been good to know in advance that it was the correct way to go about it, vs. a manual uninstall with a restore from backup or some other similar process.

Thanks again for your help.

Bobb Menk

FYI I think it might be useful to have a paragraph or two in the Server installation guide or elsewhere, outlining the preferred process for upgrading a version. I did a simple install by running the executable and it worked, but it would have been good to know in advance that it was the correct way to go about it, vs. a manual uninstall with a restore from backup or some other similar process.

Who reads manuals? :) Thanks for the idea. Yep, we can write a brief manual about upgrading the Daminion Server.