catalog file not updating?

tevih

Hi,

I thought I'd give Daminion a whirl for my asset management needs. I currently use Dropbox to store my files. I wanted to test out how Daminion would work while using my files on a laptop and a desktop machine. I saved my catalog file into the same dropbox folder I was using on my other computer, and when I opened the catalog on the other machine, the tagging wasn't maintained on the files. The catalog file shows that it was updated to the latest version in Dropbox.

Why isn't the tagging being copied into the catalog? Isn't that the whole purpose?

I'm sure I'm missing something here... Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I thought I'd give Daminion a whirl for my asset management needs. I currently use Dropbox to store my files. I wanted to test out how Daminion would work while using my files on a laptop and a desktop machine. I saved my catalog file into the same dropbox folder I was using on my other computer, and when I opened the catalog on the other machine, the tagging wasn't maintained on the files. The catalog file shows that it was updated to the latest version in Dropbox.

Why isn't the tagging being copied into the catalog? Isn't that the whole purpose?

I'm sure I'm missing something here... Thanks for your help.

I'm fairly sure that what you are trying to do is a feature of Daminion Server - and that the standard version of Daminion is not currently set-up for that kind of sharing. However, it seems like a neat way to put Daminion in the cloud and perhaps it is something they may consider.

What do you mean by "the tagging wasn't maintained on the files."?

To automatically save your tags into the files you need to switch Auto-Syncing Tags option On, or do it manually for selected images via the context menu: Actions > Write Tags to File

If you didn't see your tags in the database... hmm... Please try to make a copy of your catalog and try to open this catalog copy on the same computer. Do you see the same tags in both catalogs? If yes, try to sync this catalog with another PC and check whether these catalogs are identical.