Import very,very slowly

WolfgangO

Hmm, that's somewhat worrying. It must be some other program interfering then with Daminion. I would not like to reïnstall my PC.

We can setup a teamviewer session again via email.

Bob

It's interesting to know but 100 copies of your JPEG image imported at 30 seconds on my PC. So we need to investigate into this problem on your PC again.

Hmm, that's somewhat worrying. It must be some other program interfering then with Daminion. I would not like to reïnstall my PC.

We can setup a teamviewer session again via email.

The similar situation was with one of our Daminion Server customers when his Antivirus monitors PostgreSQL folder and this drastically reflected for the program's performance after each changing to the database files.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I did some further testing and it seems related to settings in my user account. When I tried a new user account in Windows 8.1, the "slowness" disappeared. I can now import at around 50-60 images / minute.

It's still strange. It might be a similar problem to Wolfgang, because he reinstalled his pc.

cheers

Bob

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I did some further testing and it seems related to settings in my user account. When I tried a new user account in Windows 8.1, the "slowness" disappeared. I can now import at around 50-60 images / minute.

It's still strange. It might be a similar problem to Wolfgang, because he reinstalled his pc.

cheers

Bob

Hi. I was just wondering if this was ever resolved as I have exactly the same problem. When importing it takes much longer than it should do and imports at a rate of about one or two images per minute. The import preview takes a long time to populate too; to a point where I stop waiting for it to fill all the thumbnails.

I have tried copying the images from the SD to a local drive but it still takes a long time.

Any suggestions?

Regards

•  
  • Do you work with local or shared catalog?
  • What Daminion version do you use?
  • Can you send me logs right after the import will be finished?

Hi Murat

I work with a local catalogue and the photos are stored on my NAS.

I'm on the latest build. This used to be OK so something has happened.

I'm in the process of un-installing, trashing the catalogue and re-installing to see if that fixes it.

I'll feed back when I've done it.

Martyn

- Martyn, can we arrange a remote TV session?

OR please answer to the below questions:

- Can you see the performance degradation when importing images from local folders?

- Can you launch the Daminion from the command line using the -log_enable parameter. Then import some files again, press the Ctrl + F12 and send me the folder with log files.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Need more info:

1. Do you have an active antivirus? Did you try to switch it off?
  2. What's is the average file copy if you'll copy these files to the server using the Windows Explorer.
  3. Does the Sync option is switched On? Can you try to switch it off and check again?
  4. Do you have an active processes on your server that might overload your server PC?
  5. Can you please copy the imported files to a new server based folder. And the import them from the Daminion Client installed on your Server PC. Did you notice a difference?

We can also arrange a remote session with your server PC?

• 2 weeks later...