Will the server also be available shortly?

Ramshackles

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, this doesn't appear to support updating the existing catalog properly. I ran through the installer and now I cannot connect to the server from the client without getting .NET errors. I'm trying to completely uninstall PSQL and delete all data references before installing again to see if it functions properly.

There are probable some issues related to the previous Daminion Server installation.

If you already have installed Daminion Server 0.8.6, please do the following:

1. Uninstall Daminion Server 0.8.6

2. Open Computer Management window, Locate Users and Groups and manually delete postgre

user

3. Install the Daminion Server 0.8.7

Daminion client is connected to Daminion server using the shared catalog via loopback (127.0.0.1) in case this matters.

EDIT: If I use the "real" adress (192.168.1.51) the box is unchecked by default and enabled so I could check it if I wanted to.

Please use the 192.168.1.51 address. I'll ask our guys about issue with "127.0.0.1" address tomorrow.

There are probable some issues related to the previous Daminion Server installation.

If you already have installed Daminion Server 0.8.6, please do the following:

1. Uninstall Daminion Server 0.8.6

2. Open Computer Management window, Locate Users and Groups and manually delete postgre

user

3. Install the Daminion Server 0.8.7

Yup that was the case.

One other item... If you do not perform the steps listed above to change the service account to one that has rights to save to the destination location upon import you're likely to get see the client crash after successfully uploading the picture to the server (100%).

OK last reply for now. :) I'll put the rest into a single post / email.

When I try to checkout a file / edit it with an application (Check Out & Edit With) I get the following error after the picture is succesfully checked out:

"A Sharing Violation occurred while accessing "c:\Path\To\Picture.jpg""

I get the same error if I just use the "Open With..." option (skipping the checkout).

File does get successfully downloaded to the location I specified during checkout. However, I cannot check the file back in; I get the message "Checked Out File does not exist."

Thanks,

Ryan

One other item... If you do not perform the steps listed above to change the service account to one that has rights to save to the destination location upon import you're likely to get see the client crash after successfully uploading the picture to the server (100%).

Added to the bug-tracking list. This is a problem related to the user rights.

I've mentioned on my first post today that you can manually change "Local System" for DaminionServer Service to grant an access to network folders.

When I try to checkout a file / edit it with an application (Check Out & Edit With) I get the following error after the picture is succesfully checked out:

"A Sharing Violation occurred while accessing "c:\Path\To\Picture.jpg""

I unable to reproduce this issue on my local home PC, but I've added this issue to our bug-tracking system, to check it tomorrow at the office. Thank you!

I am unable to reproduce the issue. In my case if a Server doesn't have an access to the importing file it will just seen the empty screen upon the import finishing. Please tell me what Windows version do you use?

Just want to note that at first instance I got the .net error but followed the instructions of Murat and carpenike. Uninstalled everything including postgre, the data folder and removed the user. Next, I did a complete reinstall of both the server and client application. I am updating the catalog on both machines ( Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 32 bit) am testing it on and everything seems to be synching nicely. However, when I try to add a file on the client side to the server, the program stops responding then closes. This does not happen when I try to add a file on the server side . Question. Is the server connection supposed to timeout due to inactivity?

Just want to note that at first instance I got the .net error but followed the instructions of Murat and carpenike. Uninstalled everything including postgre, the data folder and removed the user. Next, I did a complete reinstall of both the server and client application. I am updating the catalog on both machines ( Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 32 bit) am testing it on and everything seems to be synching nicely. However, when I try to add a file on the client side to the server, the program stops responding then closes. This does not happen when I try to add a file on the server side . Question. Is the server connection supposed to timeout due to inactivity?

Hi Kendel,

I've had it timeout on me as well. Did you go into Services and change the service account to be a domain / user account that has write permissions to the data directory? I believe that is listed in Murat's post above. I had a similar experience to yours (Daminion closes) until I updated service account and bounced the service.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Kendel,

I've had it timeout on me as well. Did you go into Services and change the service account to be a domain / user account that has write permissions to the data directory? I believe that is listed in Murat's post above. I had a similar experience to yours (Daminion closes) until I updated service account and bounced the service.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Carpenike

Ah stupid me lol. After I reinstalled the Daminion Server program, I forgot to go back and set the domain / user account information in services. I did it on the first instance and it completly slipped my mind the next time knowing that I all ready did it.It is Adding the files now without timing out.

Thanks

Kendel

Hi Carpenike

Ah stupid me lol. After I reinstalled the Daminion Server program, I forgot to go back and set the domain / user account information in services. I did it on the first instance and it completly slipped my mind the next time knowing that I all ready did it.It is Adding the files now without timing out.

Thanks

Kendel

No problem. Have you had success checking out pictures / editing them / checking them back in from a client?

Thanks,

Ryan

No problem. Have you had success checking out pictures / editing them / checking them back in from a client?

Thanks,

Ryan

No. I am getting the warning message "Unable to move the replacement file tot he file to be replaced. the file to be replaced has retained its original name.".

After I remove the warning message, the orinignal picture is replaced with a broken link image and states that the image is missing. The checked out file does not save after editing with photoshop. States that it is 0 bytes.

I didn't posted this as yet because I wanted to make sure that I wasnt doing something wrong.

Thanks

Kendel

I installed the one you linked in your post last week. Is there another version you would like me to test on?

Can you connect to the Server and upload images to the shared catalog?

Yes, there is a minor Server update (447 build), but I suggest you to wait till the next week when we'll publish a new update.

Yes, there is a minor Server update (447 build), but I suggest you to wait till the next week when we'll publish a new update.

Hi Murat,

Yes I can. I cannot check those images out though and edit / check back in. When I right click image in the catalog and select "Check out and edit with --> Paint" I get the "Where do you want to check this out..." box. Once I hit OK I get the error:

"A sharing violation occured while accessing c:\pics\DSC_0001.JPG"

Thanks,

Ryan

Also, when I go to check the file back in after performing this function (my client thinks it has file checked out, and the file does exist in my C:\pics folder), I get the error "Checked out file does not exist."

I cannot check those images out though and edit / check back in.

Also, when I go to check the file back in after performing this function (my client thinks it has file checked out, and the file does exist in my C:\pics folder), I get the error "Checked out file does not exist."

Yes, it's not implemented completely yet, but will be done on the next Daminion Server update.