properties panel & small screen resolution

Sulawesi_Girl

When I have a large number (meaning more than 10-15) of files selected, the properties panel takes a long time to show the files' properties. Sometimes it persists is saying "no files selected". Is that normal?

And also, my computer has a screen resolution of 1024x600... When I try to customize the catalog tags shown on the left panel, the Customize pop-up has the bottom cut off. As in, I can't see the "okay"/"cancel" (or whatever is down there :P ). No matter how I resize it, I still can't see that part. Is that related to my screen size? (I tried to link to a screenshot; we'll see if it works properly)

When I have a large number (meaning more than 10-15) of files selected, the properties panel takes a long time to show the files' properties. Sometimes it persists is saying "no files selected". Is that normal?

Does the "no files selected" message disappears after some time?

And also, my computer has a screen resolution of 1024x600...

Thanks for the screenshot! Yes, I confirm that the problem occurs when vertical resolution is 600px. Will be fixed.

I have also had the "No files Selected" problem appear on my system. I can't use hardware as an excuse.

AUS Motherboard M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3

AMD 890GX SB850

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 Ghz

8 GB DDR3 -1600

ATI HD-5770 Graphocs card

WD Caviar Black 1.5 GB

WD Green 2 GB

I think it may be a delay that results when you apply a tag to a large number of files, and then, while those files are being updated, in the background, you try to select and tag more files. If this is the cause, the Synced box would be showing sync in progress.

You may be able to use the new Feature in version 0.8.6 that allows you to pause file sync till you are done tagging for a while.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...