888 - Ergonomic suggestion

kalain

Hi,

That's not very easy to use Daminion through keyboard or with shortcuts, specially when using Ctrl+D in thumbnail display. Why ?

In thumbnail view, from an active thumbnail you can browse them by using up, down, left, right arrows. (ok)

When you want to annotate thumbnails (keywords, event, ...) you can use Ctrl+D to jump at your preselect tag. (Ok)

You can annotate your thumbnail by using keyboard.(ok)

Now, when annotation is finished you simply can't go back and focus from your starting thumbnail with keyboard!! you have to use your mouse or track pad!!

That's not efficient at all, not very ergonomic.

A good way would to use "Esc" key to come back and focus again on starting thumbnail.

Let's say, valid your input by Return key, and now on this empty field, "Esc" will select again starting thumbnail.

By this way, there is a real keyboard work flow.

Hope this keyboard workflow will be added soon.

Regards

+1

And Daminion forgets sometimes where it was, in example when I'm in an edit box in the properties panel and I have to switch task to look at some data in a txt file or something, when I switch back to Daminion, the edit box losts the keyboard focus. I have to click in the edit box again with the mouse. It needs to keep the keyboard focus.

If you'll press Ctrl + S then your tag changes will be saved in the right panel and the focus will be returned back to the thumbnails area.

We've a bit improved this behavior now, and now Ctrl + S works even if the drop down menu with suggested tag values is opened or array value tag (like keywords or categories) in the editbox is not added to the list of tags yet.

If you'll press Ctrl + S then your tag changes will be saved in the right panel and the focus will be returned back to the thumbnails area.

Yes but if you jump to Properties panel with Ctrl+D but makes not changes, you can't come back to the thumbnail area with Ctrl+S!

In order to stay on what's already implemented in Daminion, it would be good to use Esc key to come back (from Properties panel) to selected thumbnail (an focus on it).

• 2 weeks later...