[875] Video Playback on Client Machine

rene

Hey Murat,

today I importet Videos as well, I can't view them on my Client Computers. I get the message: post-1019-0-40974000-1376602332_thumb.png

It is no problem to watch them on the Server through the Client Software, becasue it is on the local system.

Do I need to do some changes in the Daminion Administration Panel?

btw. Currently all shared foleders on my Server are available for "everyone" can I change that and Daminion will still work or Do I need to give the Daminion User (postgres or Admin) full Access to the files?

thanks rene

Hey Murat,

today I importet Videos as well, I can't view them on my Client Computers. I get the message: post-1019-0-40974000-1376602332_thumb.png

It is no problem to watch them on the Server through the Client Software, becasue it is on the local system.

btw. Currently all shared foleders on my Server are available for "everyone" can I change that and Daminion will still work or Do I need to give the Daminion User (postgres or Admin) full Access to the files?

thanks rene

Hi Rene

I found this issue too. See this thread.

https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/1223-access-to-non-image-file-types/

Steve.

today I importet Videos as well, I can't view them on my Client Computers. I get the message: It is no problem to watch them on the Server through the Client Software, becasue it is on the local system.

I recommend you to configure your import for video files in some way so the imported videos will be located on a network shared location. In this case double clicking on a video thumbnail will pass the link to this remote video directly to your video player without copying them to the local computer.

It depends from how they were imported into Daminion. It you added them using network paths (without uploading option) then you need to Relink the network root folder to the source local folder after "unsharing" them.

I recommend you to configure your import for video files in some way so the imported videos will be located on a network shared location. In this case double clicking on a video thumbnail will pass the link to this remote video directly to your video player without copying them to the local computer.

Hey Murat,

THe folders with the Video Files are locaed on my Server Machine, but the Folder called Videos is shared for everyone in the network.

It depends from how they were imported into Daminion. It you added them using network paths (without uploading option) then you need to Relink the network root folder to the source local folder after "unsharing" them.

ahm, I added them by clicking "Data>Import>Add Files"