RoboImport

vinc

Implementing a RoboImport Lite version is not tricky if we'll stay with the following functionality:

- Detect and display the removable drives

- Display the images on a CF in the Thumbnail View

- Renaming the images based on the predefined templates:

Sub-Folder Renaming, for example:

• yyyy\mm\yyyy-mm-dd project
  • yyyy\yyyy-mm-dd project
  • yyyy\mm\yyyy-mm-dd
  • yyyy\mm\yyyy-mm-dd project\type

File naming, for example:

• owner\yyyy\mm\yyyy-mm-dd project
  • smodel_pfx_inum.%ext
    pfx : Image prefix ("IMG" for "IMG_1002.jpg" in the original file name)
    inum : A 5 digit image number. ("01002" for "IMG_1002.jpg" in the original file name). RoboImport appends the first digit of the Camera Folder number to the 4 digit image number.
  • date_time_smodel_inum.ext

- Auto-rotate JPEG files losslessly

- Add your copyrights and simple picture subject info (Title, Event)

- Clear the CF card after successful download and release the CF card from the system.

This is the functionality that could be incorporated in the near future. Adding custom tokens and other complex functionality is possible, but a bit later.

If you have any suggestions here please welcome.

Hello Murat

you are right as you tell,

a directory stucture like (for today)

2011/2011_09/2011_09_03/picute

and as you say for the file

img_ or Dsc_ in front remove

keep the last 4 or 5 digits (the number)

add in front the Cameratype (or a code of them)

and maybe at the end

keep the file in the "root" and DNG, NEF, RAW file in a separeated directore like also the movis. But Still insyde the correct date

to add the Copyright into the IPTC date with the Picture taken Date would be all perfect for me

I mean i would keep the RoboImport Software but it is not getting newer Picture and has Problem with RAW file!

have a nice day

vincent

Hello Murat,

what you describe sounds good...

Two additional thoughts:

1. Autoselect images with creation date which is past the last import date (in case the card was not cleared after the last import)

2. Allow two destination paths for the import so one can solve as a backup.

Kind regards

Frank

Sorry, I need some explanations here.

What I mean is that i do not always clear the memory card after importing my images. Sometimes I keep the images for different reasons.

Now if I continue shooting with a card that has images on it that are already imported it would be great if the importer would give me the ability to quickly select only those images that are new and not already imported.

The most simple approach to do this would be to store the last date this particular card was used for import (different dates for each card of course). Now if this card is inserted again the importer would preselect only images that have been created past this stored last import date.

Sorry, could you please explain the problem in details?

Hello Murat

the RoboImport i have V1.2.072

is not able download RAW file from a Nikon D300 or from a Sony pocket camera.

And it is not adding the Camera Model to the filename - this happen only with newer cameratype.

At last but not least i do not know if it would work on Win7 - i still have it on a winVista Installation

have a nice day

vincent

Referring back to Murat's functionalities list:

File naming : ... date_time_smodel_inum.ext

This comes close to what I use, which is based on date and time taken: Photograher_date_time_inum with the final number being appended only where necessary to avoid duplicate file names. The actual format string would be:

XXYYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_#.EXT

I find this keeps all my photos sorted in time sequence. It allows me to easily locate the original regardless of where the copy has migrated. Together with a simple log of Time/Location this maintains the location information, and seconds resolution on file names results in very little need for a number suffix. It also makes it easy to separate closely spaced locations / subjects.

Would this file renaming be possible in what you foresee in an early release?

This is not a high priority for me. I can easily continue to use ViewNX to transfer, and rename photos and then add them to Daminion.

Peter

This comes close to what I use, which is based on date and time taken: Photograher_date_time_inum with the final number being appended only where necessary to avoid duplicate file names. The actual format string would be:

XXYYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_#.EXT

There is a small issue that could lead to be a problem with the Lite version of RoboImport: each photographer (or any other Daminion user) uses their own file/folder naming scheme. By using tokens it's easily to adopt the Downloader (RI Lite) for your own needs. For example, in your naming scheme there is a photographer prefix (XX), and in case of the predefined sets of the naming rules the Downloader will not be able to exactly match your existing naming structure.

This is my main concern at the moment regarding the Downloader.

Would this file renaming be possible in what you foresee in an early release?

This is not a high priority for me. I can easily continue to use ViewNX to transfer, and rename photos and then add them to Daminion.

We don't implemented RoboImport Lite yet, so Daminion 0.8.6 version will be without camera downloader capabitily.

Do you able to see the D300 on the Windows Explorer as a removable drive?

hmmmmm,

strange it works now with the Nikon D300 :wacko:

but not with a leica D-LUX 5 i don't get the model name, it is also not moving the Movi from the camera to the computer

with the camera Nikon D5000 RoboImport is not starting automatic and i can't select a Drive to download, it say in german something like - there is no media data in the directory

have a nice day

vincent

Edited by vinc

• 1 month later...

Sad enough for people how paid for that tool!

I am sorry for this inconvenience. But the only way to release the Daminion and continuously improve it is focusing on its development. Maintaining and supporing old products requires a lot of time.

I can refund your money if you are not satisfied with the product, please let me know.