I like Daminion

Pictor

Hi Daminion-Team,

Daminion is exactly that DAM product, I've been looking for. It has exact the functions I nead and the usability is fine. Who needs extensive features, can find them also. And: Daminion has a great forum!

Last year I digitized about 7000 slides and negatives, the family photos from the "analog time". For my children, I then generated an external harddrive with photos, Daminion program and the database. Daminion is thus (nearly) usable as a portable program. Only the first time, it is connected to a PC, you have to set the language and the connection to the database is to be reactivated. This means, the photos will be viewed on any PC

The integration of the map, displaying GPS locations, was the last request that I actually had.

But there ist still a little request: if I select one or multiple thumbnails, it would be nice if only these locations were be shown in the map. Perhaps there could be also an area search (like 100 m, 1000 m, 2 km, 10 km).

I hope, to have soon much more time, to engage myself with this great program.

***** Five of five stars for this DAM-program

Pictor

Hi,

"if I select one or multiple thumbnails, it would be nice if only these locations were be shown in the map"

I think that the orange marks are good for that, and this way that we have all images on the map, we can "travel" between them easily, and it's a good feature. But maybe there could be a switch to only show the actual filter's items.

"Perhaps there could be also an area search (like 100 m, 1000 m, 2 km, 10 km)."

Yes! :)

Regards,

mammut

Pictor, thanks for the kind words and for the encouragement! :hi:

We plan series of minor improvements for the "Map/GPS" feature, including an option to auto focus selected images on a map.

Perhaps there could be also an area search (like 100 m, 1000 m, 2 km, 10 km).

Not sure, if I understand this request.

Not sure, if I understand this request.

I think it's similar to the ranges what I requested earlier. So we could search (and of course, assign it, too) for an area around a coordinate (or a place, a park maybe, or around a town's center point) and not just the exact coordinate. There could be a radius field for that, and the map would show only that area (and there could be a Daminion extra tag for the radius, it's not important to put this info into the EXIF).

Something like this:

acf3QmrC.jpg

Thanks for the explanation and for the nice picture. I understand your point of view now.

We could probably add an extra field like "GPS Measurement Error" in meters. But as you said this will be an internal Daminion tag. And we need some time to think about this feature and to collect more feedback whether this option will be useful for other users also.