762 - Not all tags are reread from xmp

Sedat

If I fill out all available tag-fields for a RAW-file and let them "write to file" everything seems to be okay but when I do a "read tags from file" for the same element, certain tag-fields are left empty.

But in fact, these fields are not empty because Lr can read and show them all.

So it seems to me, that Daminion does write the tags but not read all of them accordingly back from file.

Tags which are not read from the xmp-file where:

Rating

Description

People

Event

Categories

Project

Client

Comment

Document Subject

Document Manager

If I remove that file from catalog and do a re-import, instead of just rereading the tags, the result is a bit different then.

In this case, only the tags:

People

Comment

Document Subject

Document Manager

are left empty.

This problem only occurs with NEF and CR2 Raws and it works fine with Jpegs so far.

Tested with the following settings in the preferences dialog:

"Write tags to sidecar .xmp files(except DNG format)" and

"Write tags into EXIF/IPTC/XMP (very slow)" ticked.

Could you please send me an image with filled properties. A minor issue that might lead to this problem was fixed but I need to test it with your image.

Document Subject and Document Manager can be written/read to MS Office formats only

Comment tag is not mapped into any metadata :mda:

We remove the mapping from the EXIF:UserComment for this tag when our image processing library has some problems with writing it. But now all is Ok and we can add it again. Plus XMP might contains Exif section with EXIF:UserComment, for those files that doesn't support EXIF natively.

Could you please send me an image with filled properties.

It´s on the way.

Document Subject and Document Manager can be written/read to MS Office formats only

Okay, but is this not a bit misleading because, as from the users view, I don´t care about those "internal" restrictions and therefore I don´t distinguish between these fields and keywords or people for instance. How about an extra text after the tag label stating something like, " For MS Office formats only!"?

...But now all is Ok and we can add it again. Plus XMP might contains Exif section with EXIF:UserComment, for those files that doesn't support EXIF natively.

Allright then.

How about an extra text after the tag label stating something like, " For MS Office formats only!"?

...or Daminion could check the file type at first and sets the tag active only for valid file types and grey out for the invalid ones?

I've check your file with our local DEBUG version and was able to import all your annotations a few times even after external changes, except 3 tags mentioned above (Comments, Document manager and Document subject)

A new minor update will be available today or tomorrow.

Okay, but is this not a bit misleading because, as from the users view, I don´t care about those "internal" restrictions and therefore I don´t distinguish between these fields and keywords or people for instance. How about an extra text after the tag label stating something like, " For MS Office formats only!"?

We can name them as "Office Document Manager" and "Office Document Subject". In case of adding support for Open Office formats these tags can be mapped to new metadata fields. However I don't know whether Open Office formats supports such fields.

...or Daminion could check the file type at first and sets the tag active only for valid file types and grey out for the invalid ones?

You can select multiple media formats an once.