Request - Narrow down tags and assign

Mammut

If I search tags in the Catalog Tags tab, I don't get the usual tag tree, just some list view findings which can be included into or excluded from the search filter, but I'd like to assign the tag. (and I search for it because a) I don't remember where it is exactly in the structure, and b) it would be faster than expand the tree branches)

I don't understand this half solution (sorry, but I think it is). I think it would be much better if we get the same old tag tree but narrowed down to the search term. Then we can filter it or assign it or rename it or add subtag to it, etc., as with the normal tree view.

What do you think?

I guess I know what you mean and I agree for the idea for a "narrow down search" for tags. I used to use this function in lr and I´m missing it here as well.

But how about leaving the existing search box just as it is and add instead further search boxes within each tag title? These could be then used, as you suggested, to narrow down the long listings to a specific search term.

The existing search box at the top is still for searches throughout the whole database and it is a fast and easy way to create search rules.

The existing search box at the top is still for searches throughout the whole database and it is a fast and easy way to create search rules.

I think it would be the best if the Ctrl+select would work like in the full list, so the selection remaines. You can narrow down the list, ctrl+click a tag, narrow down to another term, ctrl+click a tag, etc. and you get a filter fast.

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree that this will be better solution than just having a "readonly" list of tags that can be used for search only. There is a technical issue that requires a long time to implement this functionality. I've updated this task in our feature list according to your suggestions.

BTW, our PicaJet FX supports filtering categories option.

There is a technical issue that requires a long time to implement this functionality. I've updated this task in our feature list according to your suggestions.

I didn't mean right now, so that's great! :) Thanks.

BTW, our PicaJet FX supports filtering categories option.

I don't want to use a 3rd program (or 4th, because I'm using ACDSee for full screen view, it's still the fastest program). I'm using Lightroom now again, because I'm using a controlled vocabulary with groups and synonyms, but I can't wait those functionalities in Daminion, so I could forget LR for good (it's ridiculous, I can't sort and filter for image dimensions in a photo manager software, I have to use plug-in for that).