Map

Mammut

Hi,

I have a lot of other works lately, but finally I had a chance to try the new builds.

As I see, the Map is working great with images where we have GPS coordinates already. At least the google map, the other maps don't show the map every time, often I get (404) errors with Yandex (http://i.imgbox.com/adqVf0Zp.jpg).

Is there any chance that we can add coordinates to the other images as well?

With edit boxes or with mouse click on the map?

And set a radius, so we can set a bigger area if we don't know the exact coordinate, only with a few km radius, "it's there somewhere"?

Are there such plans for the future?

Thanks and Regards,

mammut

edit: If I zoom in the map to an image's location, and I select another image, is there a way that the map show me the direction where the other image is on the map? Or I have to zoom out to see it?

Is there any chance that we can add coordinates to the other images as well?

With edit boxes or with mouse click on the map?

Yes. Just drag images to the Map.

And set a radius, so we can set a bigger area if we don't know the exact coordinate, only with a few km radius, "it's there somewhere"?

Are there such plans for the future?

GPS Metadata assumes that you know the exact location of the image.

edit: If I zoom in the map to an image's location, and I select another image, is there a way that the map show me the direction where the other image is on the map? Or I have to zoom out to see it?

We'll add an option in the future Daminion versions to automatically display the selected image.

Yes. Just drag images to the Map.

Oh, thanks, it's cool!

GPS Metadata assumes that you know the exact location of the image.

Okay, he assumes it, but I know that I don't know it. :)

Is there a chance that Daminion will know the difference in the future? Especially if I can drag images to a map, it's not a precise thing (and sometimes it's a very good thing!).

We can set such ranges in Lightroom, so there must be some non-standard solution.

We'll add an option in the future Daminion versions to automatically display the selected image.

Great, thanks!