. cbr / .cbz support

Hasseno

i have used comicrack, and it is certainly very handy, but the capabilities of your software far outweighs comicrack, which is specifically tuned to one function.

My request generally revolves around on the additional functionality of Daminion Software, of being capable to add the user's own format of choice, not being generally limited to what it currently has.

with such a functionality, added in the options or preferences, one user can specifically customize what type of files he wants to manage, raising the claim of such software as "Multi-Media User Management".

Multi-media not being limited to what is pre-defined in your software, but also what the user wants it to manage.

Somewhat of an example, but some users are predisposed on using other formats such as .xps, or other. If your software has a capability to recognize such formats, then it would help a lot.

Another suggestion, is in a form of relational database of sorts, where the user can freely define (or create) the fields, for such a particular format. But i fully well realize that such a feature is very complicated to start with, so i digress.

A list of supported formats grows. We've added 4 new formats to the latest Daminion version. I can add support for .cbr/.cbz formats to our feature queue, but I am not sure about the deadline because there are many features there with the higher priority.

Daminion uses MediaProcessing SDK to add new formats. We didn't release the SDK documentation yet, but if someone would like to write a custom media format processor feel free to contact me to ask for the draft SDK version. The only requirement for you is an knowledge of a .NET language (C#, VB. NET etc,...).

Another suggestion, is in a form of relational database of sorts, where the user can freely define (or create) the fields, for such a particular format. But i fully well realize that such a feature is very complicated to start with, so i digress.

Implementing the custom tags is a high-priority task in our feature list. So I guess will implemented it soon.

PS. I've lost my previous response, so this is the brief version of my initial answer :)