Suggestions and features requests

phidias81

The file names will be very cumbersome in this case. Why not to add a server based script that will use some lightweight script to extract info from IPTC or even XMP of the uploaded images and display it on a more readable way along with your images, like Flickr, Fotki or other photo sharing web-sites do.

In this case your descriptions will be Google and human readable.

Clearly it would be much better to display it caption or meta description or meta keyword, etc. but since I'm not a developer I have no idea how to write the script :)

For now I managed to change the filename with exiftool after a lot of reading, waiting for my photo gallery extension to support IPTC.

If anybody needs it, this line is renaming the files adding country tag, city tag and keywords, separated by -

exiftool -sep "-" "-filename<${city;}-${country-primarylocationname;}-${keywords;}_%f.%e" DIR

change DIR with the path of the directory you want to rename. ALL the files in the directory will be renamed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

After long time I've found two more small bugs. I have to say that I'm on the build 833, do they might have being fixed in the meanwhile.

The first one is that if I slect a folder with several subfolders and many photos, in example 2000, only part of them are showed.

The second one is when I select multiple photos, in example 20 or 50, it is not showing the properties panel on the right. I have to deselect one photo and reselect it again and the it's working. I have to say that is not happening constantly, it's just random.

A new feature that would be really useful (I don't know if already planned for the future) is to group on request photos coming from the same origin, under the same icon, even if I have them in different folders.

In example: I have a series of Raw photos. Only part of them has been developed in another folder.

With a right click on the original Raw that has been developed, I can choose to open, copy, etc a particular format (I'm thinking of the e-book management system Calibri that has the same system), so that I can access the developed jpeg easily from the original Raw

...group on request photos coming from the same origin, under the same icon, even if I have them in different folders...

Added your vote for this feature. I will be called Stacks.

The first one is that if I slect a folder with several subfolders and many photos, in example 2000, only part of them are showed.

By default all thumbails you received after a certain query are grouped into pages by 1000 thumbnails per page. But you can switched between pages. And you can change this limit in your program preferences.