Inconsistent Color Profile

franky68

Hello,

most of my imported RAW show no color profile some others do. This seems independent of the fact if they have been edited with whatever application.

Parts of my images are unedited, some have been edited with CNX2 and some with VNX2. They all show verying color profiles.

I know that RAW images do not really have a color profile but the desired profile is embedded in the metadata anyway.

I even found a few JPEG images that do not have a color profile shown in Daminion tho PhotoME shows them correctly as sRGB.

Is this a known problem already?

Additional question (for added points ;)): Will Daminion support color management?

Kind regards

Frank

Daminion displays the only color profile that was embedded to XMP as photoshop:ICCProfile.

Additional question (for added points ;)): Will Daminion support color management?

Yes. The next Daminion build will supports the basic color management. The program will render images according to built-in ICC Profiles. The output color space will be sRGB.

We've also added support for reading Color Profile name from APP2 block (in addition to XMP photoshop:ICCProfile).

Daminion displays the only color profile that was embedded to XMP as photoshop:ICCProfile.

hmm..... exiftool reports for all images "sRGB". Even for those that show "Unassigned" in Daminion or some longish names like "Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3000" or "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". The exiftool behaviour seems more desirable - does it read any other tags?

Yes. The next Daminion build will supports the basic color management. The program will render images according to built-in ICC Profiles. The output color space will be sRGB.

Great! Not that I would use any other output spaces (apart from proofing for prints) but I suppose other output spaces (like Adobe) will be supported in the final as well?

hmm..... exiftool reports for all images "sRGB". Even for those that show "Unassigned" in Daminion or some longish names like "Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3000" or "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". The exiftool behaviour seems more desirable - does it read any other tags?

sRGB is a default color profile. So if an image doesn't contain information about the color profile ExifTool determines it as sRGB.