679 - Problem with export non-original

talvistup

Hi Murat!

As you may recall I wrote some months ago about some questions regarding export. Well today I unfortunately ran into some other problems. When I tried to export my huge tiffs (usually ca 6000x6000 pixels, 300 dpi which means about 300 megabytes) with either jpeg original size or jpeg 2000px option most of the resulting images were empty (see attachments). They have the correct dimensions, but the image is just white. But, as you can also see from one of the attached files, sometimes Daminion has only included one of the dimensions while the other is 1. Also, sometimes I manage to get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of the object." while exporting the jpeg-s that stops the exporting process. However, when I tried the process again after restarting, Daminion managed to export 52 files at jpeg 2000px without any errors, but when I then tried to export with jpeg original size, it created once again white files and gave me the error.

So, as you can see, I cannot pinpoint exactly when the error happens and it is actually sometimes possible to export all the files without problems, but the problem does exist and it is quite annoying.

Peeter

post-1015-0-59237300-1355825239_thumb.jpg

post-1015-0-93669800-1355825248_thumb.jpg

post-1015-0-43719900-1355825284_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of large images... and I won't start a "who's got a bigger one" contest... Any chance there's going to be support for Photoshop's PSB files in the near future?

Photoshop's PSD files only support images up to 2GB - and I have a few hundred that won't fit in PSDs, I have to use PSBs (and yes, that's after they're flattened).

Please give us PSB support! :-)

Russell

We requested this feature to our image processing library developer some time ago. We'll add it to Daminion once they will add support for psb format.

It is also possible to write a psb media processor using Daminion Media Processor API.

I confirmed that I have images WAY above the maximum PSD file size. I'm not sure if it's my biggest image, but I was able to quickly locate a one layer 23GB (22,970,061 KB) PSB file in my collection.

Have they responded with any timeline at all? Certainly with the new cameras coming (Nikon reportedly is working on a 36.3 Megapixel camera and Canon is rumored to have a 46 Megapixel coming in the near future), we'll all be moving to the PSB format (see reference below).

I didn't know that you were offering an API for your software either... interesting news. :-)

Please check in with the developer again and see if there's a PSB date.

Thanks,

Russell

(Source: http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/23/canon-reportedly-field-testing-a-46mp-dslr-possibly-the-3d/)

I confirmed that I have images WAY above the maximum PSD file size. I'm not sure if it's my biggest image, but I was able to quickly locate a one layer 23GB (22,970,061 KB) PSB file in my collection.

Have they responded with any timeline at all? Certainly with the new cameras coming (Nikon reportedly is working on a 36.3 Megapixel camera and Canon is rumored to have a 46 Megapixel coming in the near future), we'll all be moving to the PSB format (see reference below).

Please check in with the developer again and see if there's a PSB date.

No yet. But I've added a public request for this feature:

http://imageen.uservoice.com/forums/187893-general/suggestions/3525982-add-support-for-psb-format

I didn't know that you were offering an API for your software either... interesting news. :-)

Export API is available publicly while Media Processing API is also available but not documented and publicly available.