Feature Request - Forked Versions

Russell

Hi Murat and others,

I would appreciate the option to create "forked versions" of a file. Sometimes I have a photo that I've cleaned up a few times and then I want to create multiple "live versions" of that file. For example, a beautiful picture might be made into a few "live versions" that I all want to appear in my catalog:

* - Final Color Version

* - Black and White Version

* - Black and White with single object in color version

* - Sepia Version

While you're considering it, sometimes users may want to go the other direction, combining multiple images into a single finished image:

10 individual images made into one panoramic

26 individual images made into a collage

In this case, I really only want to see the finished image in my collection, but having the "child images" in the version history could be useful. (As panoramic, hdr, and other techniques are developed in new software, sometimes I go back and "redo" a panoramic with the newer software, so knowing the child images is useful).

Hope that's a helpful idea.

Russell

While you're considering it, sometimes users may want to go the other direction, combining multiple images into a single finished image:

10 individual images made into one panoramic

26 individual images made into a collage

In this case, I really only want to see the finished image in my collection, but having the "child images" in the version history could be useful. (As panoramic, hdr, and other techniques are developed in new software, sometimes I go back and "redo" a panoramic with the newer software, so knowing the child images is useful).

This feature will be named as "Stacks", and allows to group similar images into the single thumbnail (as your described above). Both features: image versions and stacks are existed in our feature list.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

This feature will be named as "Stacks", and allows to group similar images into the single thumbnail (as your described above).

Murat,

As you work on this - keep in mind I may want to actually display multiple images from a single stack when I browse my images (black and white, sepia, etc.). :0)

Thanks,

Russell