Can hierarchical keywords be integrated?

Menace

Hello again,

I have another problem. My huge collection have a long lifetime and a lot difference software-Programmes (ACDSee --> Expression Media 2 --> IDimager 5 --> Daminion).

One of the former software corrupted my hierarchical tree, so that I have to "same" trees, but in one, there is a "keyword" in the beginning.

(1) Biologie|Evolution|Artentstehung (This tree which is much more complicated have 1900 images)

(2) Keyword|Biologie|Evolution|Artentstehung (with 13000 images)

Is there a simple solution (to drag and drop (1) into (2), so that for the hierarchical keyword "Artentstehung" are just one time in the keywords?

Regards,

Menace

I know this might sound strange.. but until such a merge feature exists in Daminion - you can easily do this in one of the other software you have (assuming you still have them loaded and active). Idimager will do this for you via drag/drop of course.. you might need to import new photos into the catalog - but that will read the tags and create the hierarchy for you as well. Hope this helps!

Hello andy,

thank you for your answer. I still work with IDimager for my photos. Tagging is very fast, but I have to close and restart every now and then IDimager, because he show the keywords on places they never exist. Also "destroy" it more than one time my IPTC and XMP keywords (it wrote after an update every keyword flat inside).

With this large folder with a lot of different file-types it crashes to often and Photo supreme isn't able to read the folder (crashes after 3-4 minutes).

I like the possibilities of IDimager, if it just have less bugs. Unfortunately, there is no support anymore.

That's why I look for other solutions, even if they are not ready. With Daminion I already can repair my ITPCs and XMPs. :victory:

Regards,

Menace

There are a lot of subtags. "Artentstehung" is just one example of hundred other hierarchical keywords. Artentstehung itself has just 7 images.

Menace, does it possible to send me your catalog file where the below structure is existed:

(1) Biologie|Evolution|Artentstehung

(2) Keyword|Biologie|Evolution|Artentstehung

Menace, thanks for sending us your catalog file.

Daminion doesn't provide a native way to merge tags with the same names after dropping or renaming tags. There are some technical issues, but we'll get back to this task in the future.

I can offer you two workaround ways to solve the problem.

[1]

• Switch Auto-Sync option Off
  • Remove all the files with "Chemie" and "Biologie" keywords from the catalog (2609 + 760 files)
  • Remove "Chemie" and "Biologie" tags from the tags tree (takes some time)
  • Select 9 sub-tags of the "Keywords\Keywords" tag ("Bestimmungshilfen"..."Unterricht") and drag them to the root (zero-level) Keywords tag
  • Now re-import your root folder with photos into Daminion again (or rescan it). The removed "Chemie" and "Biologie" tags will be recovered from the importing files.

[2]

I've wrote a small script that uses ExifTool from Daminion's ImageProcessor folder. It can "fix" your keywords in your images. Then you can select the files and invoke "Read Tags From Files" or Re-import your files again.

I suggest you to check the first way before.

Hello Murat,

thank you a lot, for your help.

[1]

• Switch Auto-Sync option Off
  • Select 9 sub-tags of the "Keywords\Keywords" tag ("Bestimmungshilfen"..."Unterricht") and drag them to the root (zero-level) Keywords tag

After I drag the subtags to the root, must I Swith Auto-Sync on or should I write to file, so that a recan doesn't create again the wrong tags ("\keywords\keywords...\"?

Regards,

Menace

After I drag the subtags to the root, must I Swith Auto-Sync on or should I write to file, so that a recan doesn't create again the wrong tags ("\keywords\keywords...\"?

Rescan will not import the files that are already in the catalog (those ones that you moved into the root folder). It will import only the files that you removed on the first step.

So you can switch Auto-Sync On after rescan will be finished.