0.9.6.650 crash on folder import

Bishop

Just found this and testing. I like it so far.

Dell, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

problem... trying to import directory of 100,000 images. Estimate was at around 5 hours so I left it overnight. Next morning it said it crashed. Reopened program and only about 30,000 images indexed. So start sync again and went to work. After work, I see it crashed. Got to about 50,000 images.

So now I select one of subdirectories and resync and it does fine no crash but it was a long wait. It finds the rest of images. Did fine with the second subdirectory. Tried on the main directory and it crashed.

I know this is still beta but just to mention for the future...

On the sync side...I really like going to windows explorer and moving and renaming things around but it is not going to work if this program takes such a long time to sync/find new images or changes. It would be nice to have (like fotoalbum pro) a explorer tab where you can switch to just like you are in windows explorer and move/delete/rename folder and files without the need for a long sync...

Fotoalbum has "watched folder" like you have when you import a directory, but the ability to switch to explorer view and move things around and tag would be great.

I like how you are able to do this in lightroom too.

Thanks, great program.

Hi,

did you use the import again, or the "Rescan Folders" feature? The latter is faster.

I usually create a parent folder, and I import that, and if Daminion is crashed or I moved/renamed files/folders, I'm using the Rescan Folders from the local menu of the parent folder.

(But I agree, the file management would be way faster.)

Regards,

mammut

problem... trying to import directory of 100,000 images. Estimate was at around 5 hours so I left it overnight. Next morning it said it crashed. Reopened program and only about 30,000 images indexed. So start sync again and went to work. After work, I see it crashed. Got to about 50,000 images.

So now I select one of subdirectories and resync and it does fine no crash but it was a long wait. It finds the rest of images. Did fine with the second subdirectory. Tried on the main directory and it crashed.

I know this is still beta but just to mention for the future...

Thanks for your feedback the reporting about this bug. Do you import your image to a local or shared catalog?

There is might be a "problematic" file among your images that breaks the import process. Could please update your Daminion to 662 version

If you use a local catalog - may I ask you to launch Daminion from the command line by -log_enable parameter. Then create a new local catalog and try to import all your images again. If you'll see an error message, again please send me the folder with log files. It can be located here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\Logs

On the sync side...I really like going to windows explorer and moving and renaming things around but it is not going to work if this program takes such a long time to sync/find new images or changes. It would be nice to have (like fotoalbum pro) a explorer tab where you can switch to just like you are in windows explorer and move/delete/rename folder and files without the need for a long sync...

This feature is present in our feature list. Thanks for the suggestion!

I like how you are able to do this in lightroom too.

As I know Lightroom doesn't have an ability to explore folders without importing them?

Thanks for the help. I actually figured out why it was crashing. I had some older quicktime video files I totally forgot about. So every time I would rescan the folder it would crash. After I removed that video folder re-scaning works fine.

It is a local catalog. I used build 657 but will try later with this new one.

I can not send you any samples as it is somewhat work related. I could send you that log if needed to your email? What email should i send it to? Might have to wait till next day as we are on different time zones.

As I know Lightroom doesn't have an ability to explore folders without importing them?

Bad communication on my side. Don't worry about this now... all good :)

It is a local catalog. I used build 657 but will try later with this new one.

I can not send you any samples as it is somewhat work related. I could send you that log if needed to your email? What email should i send it to? Might have to wait till next day as we are on different time zones.

Bad communication on my side. Don't worry about this now... all good :)

No problem. Please send it to support at daminion/dot/net.